Thread: Jim Creek: Lost lure box

Default Jim Creek: Lost lure box

I camped Sun night with my son on the point/island at Jim Creek. We left behind a small clear box filled with salmon lures on one side and some drifting tackle on the other. I know this is a long shot but if someone found it I'd be happy to offer a small reward. Thanks

Sent you a PM...

I'm going to try to get out there tomrrow morning. I'll take a look for it if you can PM me a more detailed describtion of the location. No reward needed if I find it.

I was out there last night and didn't notice anything. I will be there tomorrow and will keep an eye out as well.

Any fish showing up there yet, seems to be about that time.

Thanks for the replies fellas. There are definitely some fish up there. They were spooky little buggers by the time they got up to me, there were a good 20 cars below me Sunday night.

They are in there jusy not in large numbers yet. I seen some wake from fish but didn't hook up. Should pick up in the next few days.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Just got back from Jim's creek. Zero fish caught, zero fish seen. I've got a bad feeling about this.....

The reds are showing up behind my house which is downstream of JC on the Knik so it's just a matter of time. Thanks for the reports!

I'm headin out there today so I will post later... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Just got back from Jim's creek. Zero fish caught, zero fish seen. I've got a bad feeling about this.....
    Me too. But then they did show up about two weeks late to the saltwater holes. And it is a bit early. Mind you I was talking to someone the other day who mentioned the flooding a couple years back changed significantly the course of several of the prime Silver spawning habitat. He said the best spawning areas now drain directly into the Knik several miles upstream of Jim creek. His opinion was that the diver fishery might just well die off there, and if it does this would be the first year to show the effects.

I fished jim creek saturday and sunday. Some fish but mostly just lots of wind and people. The water is hella high and so the fish are not in their normal channels. Also, some of the folks fishin there are standing in the middle of the channel right where the fish are coming through. The new channel is only about 50 feet or so wide. I guess people cant read the water or just don't know what to look for. You want to fish just this side of the color change. There is dirty Knik River water further out with the fairly cleaner Jim Creek water closer in. Its really not that hard to see. You actually dont even need to stand in the water to catch fish. Kinda makes it hard for those that dont have fancy waders or are handicaped.... just sayin... I think there will be more fish to come. This summer has just been weird... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    I fished jim creek saturday and sunday. Some fish but mostly just lots of wind and people. The water is hella high and so the fish are not in their normal channels. Also, some of the folks fishin there are standing in the middle of the channel right where the fish are coming through. The new channel is only about 50 feet or so wide. I guess people cant read the water or just don't know what to look for. You want to fish just this side of the color change. There is dirty Knik River water further out with the fairly cleaner Jim Creek water closer in. Its really not that hard to see. You actually dont even need to stand in the water to catch fish. Kinda makes it hard for those that dont have fancy waders or are handicaped.... just sayin... I think there will be more fish to come. This summer has just been weird... "fishon"
    lol, I see these poeple out on the channels every year. The fish wake right behind them. I have caught silvers two feet from the bank. Oh well to each there own. After a few caught at the bank they tend to realize they are in the wrong spot.