Thread: whoo hoo just picked up 2010 ranger 6x6

Default whoo hoo just picked up 2010 ranger 6x6

ton's of questions, always had 3 or 4 wheelers, now this bad boy, have mud lites on the 4 wheelers, looking at getting some on the 6x6, pros or cons, also seen a list of what to pack or carry as extra anything else to add, such as how to start the machine with a dead battery.

I pack: a well outfitted tool box, belt, shovel, extra synthetic winch rope, hatchet, machete, ratchet straps, tire repair kit, Air pump, water pump to spray down radiator (overheats when plugged with dirt), short extension cord with open wires to jump from a another battery, if I am alone I carry a portable jump kit, tow strap, snatch block, tie wire, duct tape, elec tape, probably more, but a list to start with.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Don't forget a spare transmission, 3-4 halfshafts, lets see whate else... Oh a new fan, transmission shifting cable, thinking here what else will you need. Nope thats it. Mines a 2011 and all the above mentioned things have been replaced on mine. Have fun with the 6x6 it's a beast for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Don't forget a spare transmission, 3-4 halfshafts, lets see whate else... Oh a new fan, transmission shifting cable, thinking here what else will you need. Nope thats it. Mines a 2011 and all the above mentioned things have been replaced on mine. Have fun with the 6x6 it's a beast for sure.
    That's a bummer. Mine is a 2011 with a little over 700 miles on it now and the only thing I had to replace was the fan. My son (nor I) thought to much about going into Jim Creek with the fan running. Broke 1 blade off and the vibration shook the whole front end pretty bad. The plastic fan is about as poorly engineered as the parking brake! Aside from that I have no complaints, did I mention the pos parking brake?

My parking brake didn't work either. Right from the dealer... I broke my fan like that in water. What sucks they don't sell just the fan you have to buy everything. Love the 6x6 it's a beast but it's had it's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    My parking brake didn't work either. Right from the dealer... I broke my fan like that in water. What sucks they don't sell just the fan you have to buy everything. Love the 6x6 it's a beast but it's had it's issues.
    I think the driver is suspect....
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed