Thread: ? Mainer Mike

Default ? Mainer Mike

Have you used a Marty Brown paddle? Is that 9" blade to much for a old man? I've been looking at Dri Ki Woodworking paddles.Their motor mount is very fine though they don't list it.

http://dri-kiwoodworking.com/
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If memory serves me right, there was only one or two guys who could turn out the handles of those white ash paddles. He leaves the handles unfinished too, so that you won't get blisters. The beaver tail enters the water much more quietly than other paddles with flat bottomed blades. I watched him work one time, and it was amazing what he could do on a drum sander. He might very well be the guy I remember who also had a small black bear guiding business too. I used to live about six miles down the road from him for a small amount of time. His paddles will have first rate comfort, but will be heavier than bending branches paddles. With your new canoe having a keel, you may very well want a wider blade for faster responsiveness.

I picked up some one piece paddles at Grey Owl Paddles. They are very light too.

His standard beaver tail is 8" any lenght for thirty bucks.His Marty Brown has a 9" blade better looking grip fifty bucks.OH what to do.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you