Thread: ......sooo far away.

Default ......sooo far away.

I cant take the waiting anymore!
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Just a little over a month to go. Get out and hunt some sheep or caribou to break up the wait.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

The only good thing about today, a Monday, a rainy day, another day at work? One day closer to the opener. Whoop whoop! I get to go to AZ Aug 22, take my daughter to school, head over to the cancer center to get checked up, head to SEA for 2 days to get spoiled by my sister, make it home about Thursday night, head out on Friday, start shooting at.... hmmm, about 6 something a.m.
    My goal this year is to spend as many days w/ my lab Roca as I can, hopefully 12 or more. I don't currently have a plan to chase moose, so it might just work out.
    And? And? I've got a new Benelli SBE II to break in and about 8 cases of shot to do it.
    Gee, life is not so hard after all.
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    I cant take the waiting anymore!
    Well heck.............then start shootin......... Naw, wait it out. You'll be fine.
    Tom when you heading out for the sheep?
    Duckdon

I still have 3 months before I can start hunting.(stupid deployments) The wait is definetly getting rough with the season getting close to opening.

Don,

I'm heading out on the 7th, staying the night in Tok and then flying out on the 8th. I can't wait to get this adventure started!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I'll be at my usual spot across the inlet. duck shack time.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

I almost busted out the deeks and the trusty benelli for some pre-season buffing this past rainy weekend... then I thought that would just make me jones.... Al clean shottie put away comes out of the safe clean and I'll only be using a dozen deeks or so. That said...
    time is rapidly approaching gentlemen. Hope all have a safe and fruitful opener and whole season for that matter. I cant wait to read about the opeoning saturday chaos...

It's not that far away. Take em.

Duck hunting is going to be one of the things I miss the most about Arkansas when I move to Alaska in December. I sure hope I can find some ducks around Kenai next year. If I don't, my Xtrema2 will be very upset with me!

Quote Originally Posted by agoyne View Post
    Duck hunting is going to be one of the things I miss the most about Arkansas when I move to Alaska in December. I sure hope I can find some ducks around Kenai next year. If I don't, my Xtrema2 will be very upset with me!
    If you will be living in Kenai area next year, you should be good. I believe that area is mostlikely the best area in the state on the road system for duck hunting, you can run to homer, kenai flats, and numerous lakes in the area. In addition, you are in the middle of some of the best salmon fishing inthe world. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    If you will be living in Kenai area next year, you should be good. I believe that area is mostlikely the best area in the state on the road system for duck hunting, you can run to homer, kenai flats, and numerous lakes in the area. In addition, you are in the middle of some of the best salmon fishing inthe world. Bud
    Thanks akblackdawg, that is good to know! Yeah we had an awesome 10 days catching reds this summer.

Me either.... I can wait to take my dog out this year..... this will be a learning season for he and I, but I'm alright with that....
    My season doesnt really get underway until Nov.. SEA DUCKS!!!!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

The anticipation is killing me... there is some geese that look like they need to be hammered, and some ducks for the quicky-days. I'm gonna miss opening day unfortunately