Thread: Can I borrow your kids' life vests?

Default Can I borrow your kids' life vests?

Howdy,
    I've got family visiting with three boys, ages 11-13. I will be taking them boating for a day in Resurrection Bay, but don't have life vests that will fit the boys. Do any of you have vests that you'd be willing to let me borrow or rent?

Thanks!

Where are you located ? I may have 2 or 3 that you can have or borrow as you like, if they fit, I am in Eagle river.

Default Kids Don't Float program!

Borrow what you need from the life jacket loaner stations in Seward; that's why they're there! If you can't find what you need, check with the Harbormaster's office; if they don't have them, they should know who does! http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/boating/kdfhome.htm Boat Safer! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CG Boating Safety View Post
    Borrow what you need from the life jacket loaner stations in Seward; that's why they're there! If you can't find what you need, check with the Harbormaster's office; if they don't have them, they should know who does! http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/boating/kdfhome.htm Boat Safer! Mike
    + 1. As the kids out grow theirs and we replace the PFDs we hang the old ones on the PFD rack at the dock...although sometimes it's tempting to leave the kids there too!

Not sure where you are located or when you are going, but I live in Soldotna and could help you out. Good suggestions about using the "kids don't float" jackets, but you can't count on them having them available all the time, as others may already be using them.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by MischiefManaged View Post
    ...although sometimes it's tempting to leave the kids there too!
    And before ya know it they'll be too heavy to lift up and hang on that rack... And then it will be too late.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Kids Don't Float
    I have given my used out grown life jacket to the program even the ones I replaced and ask that if you have some Please give.
    It's basicly a win win, so although it's not said take them if you can not buy your own, return them at will.
    Life Jackets save lives on the water without a question!
    Childern are required to wear, adults well at least have them someplace that within 1 min you can have it on, almost impossible to put on in the water, & make sure it's a proper fit.
    The Kids Don't Float is payed for by you anyway use it
    Thanks
    Safe Boating