Thread: lost key

Unhappy lost key

I lost my key to my 4 wheeler today, what are my options to fixing this problem , call the dealer or locksmith?

My wife lost the key to mine a couple years ago, bought a whole switch that came with a new key.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Yep just buy a new switch,Check ebay got some cheap on there before. Easy fix unplug and plug new one in. Then get another key made and hide it
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Some Can-Am wheelers use encoded keys that lock out the ECU and in that case a trip to the dealer is required and it probably won't be super cheap.

Thanks for the help , I was able to go to the locksmith gave him the key. # out of the manual that the the first owner wrote in, and he cut the key for 23.50 . Thanks again for the help I have been reading on here ,learning from you guys . I am new to 4 wheelers just learning with family, My two teenage girls and I are planning a Caribou hunting trip soon.

Nice! I hope you post up pics and report back on your caribou hunt when it all comes together!!

Saw a set of keys sitting on the rock pile at the Monument sign north of Eureka on Saturday. One lil black ATV key (couldn't read make) and two house-style keys. A little rusty but if you lost em, might be a good excuse to head up to Monument!

I, actually put mine on the truck bumper and went for a ride, the only reason I new I put them there is because the other 4 wheeler key was still on the bumper . My daughter did get a caribou off the Denali .