Thread: studding out a lab ?s

Default studding out a lab ?s

I have a chocolate lab that will be 3 yrs old on 9/11. He comes from long line of hunting/field champions etc. He is extremely smart and has a hunting drive like no other. He was easy to train and a joy to have around the house. He's a pointing lab and has proven himself over and over on ducks and upland game. Some of you may have seen him as Nitro just passed his hunt certification last weekend.

So what is the correct way to stud him out? Do we need to get a vet clearance for hips etc? How much should we charge?

Thanks for the help. My wife and have been talking about it and we would love stud him out for first pick but we have to wait to see what "uncle Sam's" plans are for my next assignment.

At the very least you need to get the hips and eyes checked out visit the link below on our website for health and breeding links.

http://midnightsungundogassociation.com/?page_id=79

Most people who breed labs will do hips,elbows,eyes(cerf),EIC and CNM tests.

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    I have a chocolate lab that will be 3 yrs old on 9/11. He comes from long line of hunting/field champions etc. He is extremely smart and has a hunting drive like no other. He was easy to train and a joy to have around the house. He's a pointing lab and has proven himself over and over on ducks and upland game. Some of you may have seen him as Nitro just passed his hunt certification last weekend.

So what is the correct way to stud him out? Do we need to get a vet clearance for hips etc? How much should we charge?

Thanks for the help. My wife and have been talking about it and we would love stud him out for first pick but we have to wait to see what "uncle Sam's" plans are for my next assignment.

Clean out your inbox, I tried to send a PM, but it's full.