Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seward 20 July 2012 "Bloody Decks on the Gringo"

Default Seward 20 July 2012 "Bloody Decks on the Gringo"

Took the gringo out with my son and daughter (she's missing from the photos cuz she was playing at the park) to do a little Silver, Ling and Halibut fishing. I titled this post "Bloody Decks on the Gringo" for obvious reasons!

Woke up in the morning to a light rain and low cloud cover. Talked to the guy at the store near the boat launch and he said there was five mile visibility, so with that we launched and headed straight to Chevel to start our troll. Cruise out was nice, made about 32 mph until Calisto and had to slow down to about 24 mph. Made it to Chevel and Agnes was packed with boats mooching. There was salmon jumping everywhere. Put the salmon rods out and immediately had a hit on a green hoochie, but no hookup. Within 10 minutes had another hit on a pink Brad's Cut Plug, but agin no hookup. Trolled through the narrows toward pony and noticed my lines had tangled which was a mess. Reeled that all in and had to cut the lines to clear it all. Decided to head to my first spot looking to hit the Lings and rock fish. Have to say thanks and major props to my buddy Charlie for hooking me up with that spot. Started hitting lings on the first drop, a small one. Then my son Kory hooks into what he thought was bottom until it took off. He finally got it to the boat and it was a huge Ling. After loosing a few jigs and catching a few other lings and a nice yellow eye, we set out for the next spot to catch halibut. On every drift with a lead head jig tipped with octopus we had a but on. The second one on the second drift was the big one in the picture, Really hated leaving while the bite was on, but all of us, especially my daughter was starting to feel a little sick from the rollers coming at us, so we decided to head in.

All in all, was an awesome day, did not rain on us while out on the water, fishing was hot and the size was amazing.
    Kory's Ling Cod.jpgKyle's Halibut.jpg
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Nice haul of fish! What a way to spend the day with your kids. Congrats, oh, what was Charlies' phone number?

Uhhhh...were you fishing for lings inside of Resurrection Bay?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Uhhhh...were you fishing for lings inside of Resurrection Bay?
    OMG Muttley, I did not now that Lings were off limits in Res Bay. I guess being a responsible boat owner and fisherman, I should start reading the regulations so I know the rules. That would help uhhhh?

To be clear, no I was not inside Res Bay, and no I did not fish for anything else inside Res Bay after catching the Lings. And yes, they were 35" or better.

Ohhh, by the way...maybe next time try a little tact if you have a question about whether the Ling was legal or not. Since you know how to read, try looking it up in a dictionary. Only a serious A-hole would try to call someone else out like that in open forum; but hell, I have seen some of your other posts!
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Nice haul Kyle!! Looks like you guys had a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Snider View Post
    OMG Muttley, I did not now that Lings were off limits in Res Bay. I guess being a responsible boat owner and fisherman, I should start reading the regulations so I know the rules. That would help uhhhh?

To be clear, no I was not inside Res Bay, and no I did not fish for anything else inside Res Bay after catching the Lings. And yes, they were 35" or better.

Ohhh, by the way...maybe next time try a little tact if you have a question about whether the Ling was legal or not. Since you know how to read, try looking it up in a dictionary. Only a serious A-hole would try to call someone else out like that in open forum; but hell, I have seen some of your other posts!

Nice job with the fish and family - Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Talked to the guy at the store near the boat launch and he said there was five mile visibility, so with that we launched and headed straight to Chevel to start our troll. Cruise out was nice, made about 32 mph until Calisto and had to slow down to about 24 mph. Made it to Chevel and Agnes was packed with boats mooching. There was salmon jumping everywhere. Put the salmon rods out and immediately had a hit on a green hoochie, but no hookup.
    Decided to head to my first spot looking to hit the Lings and rock fish.
    Well, you said that the "first spot" you fished was "Chevel and Agnes", so when you said that you went to the "first spot" to catch lings it sounds as though you fished for lings somewhere in the Chevel/Agnes area. Maybe you need to learn to write what you actually mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Well, you said that the "first spot" you fished was "Chevel and Agnes", so when you said that you went to the "first spot" to catch lings it sounds as though you fished for lings somewhere in the Chevel/Agnes area. Maybe you need to learn to write what you actually mean.

O

BTW---I did indeed use lots of tact. All I did was ask if you were fishing for lings inside of Res. Bay. All you would have had to do was say, "No I wasn't." You're the one that made a federal issue of it. Only a serious A-hole (as you so tactfully put it) would make such a big deal of it. LOL!

You know Muttley, you're really not worth the time to argue with. One thing I've noticed in my short time on the forum is that anytime there is an arguement, you seem to be in the middle of it, and another thing in common is you alway act like the victim.

As for the way I wrote my post, I'm glad to know out of 319 views, you are the only one who had an issue understanding what I was saying. Maybe a reading comprehension class is what you need.

BTW...don't waste your time responding with a smart ***** reply, cuz it won't get another reply from me.

To all the others who read and responded to my post, thanks for reading and I look forward to contributing to the forum in the future.
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Most charter captains seem to use this forum to try and build positive relationships and grow their business by creating quality interactions with the public. It appears to me that Muttley has created a whole new style of marketing, I guess any press is good press as they say.

Great pics by the way, looks like a good weekend on the water.

Just a few more pictures from Friday's trip.
    Kory Fish Hanging.jpgKyle Ling on the Gringo.jpg
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Actually i believe there was a reading comprehension problem....you clearly stated you left Cheval to got to your first spot....pretty simple stuff.
    And yes Kyle you are very welcome for the spots....love to see happy folks getting it done....it's a lot of work and expense to find those areas.
    We had a great time out on the 58' Viking sport fish this weekend but had some rough water and rain to contend with...and a few dumb bastages that crossed too close to the transom while we were trolling. Our little 6 yr old got 2 silver, a pink, and 2 rockkfish....man was she excited!

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

You know Muttley, you're really not worth the time to argue with. One thing I've noticed in my short time on the forum is that anytime there is an arguement, you seem to be in the middle of it, and another thing in common is you alway act like the victim.

As for the way I wrote my post, I'm glad to know out of 319 views, you are the only one who had an issue understanding what I was saying. Maybe a reading comprehension class is what you need.

BTW...don't waste your time responding with a smart ***** reply, cuz it won't get another reply from me.

To all the others who read and responded to my post, thanks for reading and I look forward to contributing to the forum in the future.
    LOL! Well since you are new to this forum you probably have to realize you have a LOT to learn about it. The number of "views" you get has nothing to do with whether people think you are correct or a total idiot. Plain and simple. Fortunately for me everyone from this forum that has gone fishing with me this year (quite a few) agrees with me whole heartedly about the "vocal minority" of people that just love to pick apart anything I have to say. I try to be as helpful as I possibly can here because I was learning how to do it many years ago and it would have been nice to have someone on a forum like this to go to and learn without having to go through the "trial and error" I went through. If you and any of the other vocal minority don't find what I have to offer educational, then just pass over it. You made a statement that sounded to me as though you might not understand the regulations properly and I tactfully (yes, tactfully---I could have been a LOT less tactful if I'd tried) asked you about what you'd been doing. You decided to become the "serious A-hole" by jumping on me for supposedly not tactfully responding to what you said. I can't help it if you overreact to what I say. You seem to have some chip on your shoulder regarding my posts that the large majority of forum members that contact me, or respond positively to my posts, don't have. Too bad. You obviously need to learn, and probably could learn at least a little something from some of the things I have to say. No, I don't know it all. But I've been fishing these waters for many, many years and I do know something about it that MANY people do appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Most charter captains seem to use this forum to try and build positive relationships and grow their business by creating quality interactions with the public. It appears to me that Muttley has created a whole new style of marketing, I guess any press is good press as they say.
    I'm not quite sure what this comment has to do with this thread. And funny I've never heard you give any sort of positive statement about any of the "good" advice I dispense freely. Obviously you don't know a thing about me OR my business and to tell you the truth I personally don't think what you have to say merits much thought anyway.

My catch record and the number of days I am booked is really all that is important to me and I'm not here doing this for the "press". I have plenty of business without having to try and help people out here. I do it because I LOVE helping people out so they might LOVE fishing as much as I do. Plain and simple.

You don't know me at all and judge what you do know about me from a bunch of idiotic statements the "vocal minority" make toward the assistance I try to give and the ensuing "feeding frenzy" that occurs as a result of those idiotic statements. That a few people here take great delight in "flaming" me or being rude to me and doing their best to get a "rise" out of me really is of no concern to me and I'm not really sure why you'd have to make a comment like this. Please keep your opinions about me to yourself because the forum members that I take fishing with me (quite a few if you're interested) think what the "vocal minority" has to say about me is extremely laughable. Yeah, what you said maybe can't be construed as "flaming" or even rude, but the forum is for educational purposes, not posting your ramblings about what you think of me.

I have to say I agree with Muttley here. I have never fished with him but he does seem to add good information that is valuable. I always try to learn more about good fishing spots and/or techniques and he does seem to add that to the forum. I had the same questions he did when I read the original post. It was not clear whether those lings were caught inside the bay or not. It is good to know they were caught outside the bay and that all was legal. No need to make any more of it than that IMO.

Kyle can you give me the coordinates of your ling hot spot?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Kyle can you give me the coordinates of your ling hot spot?
    Nope...he has been sworn to secrecy !

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Nope...he has been sworn to secrecy !

yeah, I have heard the "you have to promise not to tell anyone" line many, many, many times before.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast