Thread: Fairbanks and traditional archery

Default Fairbanks and traditional archery

I am living in the Fairbanks area and am wondering if there are any traditional archery groups up there.
    Are there any shoots that go on in the winter time?
    Any info on where I can go with my new bow and do some shooting as the winter drags on this year??
    My wife and I both shoot!!
    Thanks for the info
    Jason

Default archery shops

King's Nock Archery, ask for Tom

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe
    I am living in the Fairbanks area and am wondering if there are any traditional archery groups up there.
    Are there any shoots that go on in the winter time?
    Any info on where I can go with my new bow and do some shooting as the winter drags on this year??
    My wife and I both shoot!!
    Thanks for the info
    Jason
    North Pole Archery, they have an indoor range and they shoot in a league all winter. He caters mostly to the wheelie bows, as that is what most folks use, but he is quite friendly towards traditional, as that is what he hunts with. You can try stickbow.com, and hit the leatherwall, there were at one time a few traditional archers in the local area. I sure do miss Fairbanks, hope I can find a decent job up there somewhere so I can move back now that the military is done with me.

Dave

Noth Pole does not have an indoor range anymore. Check with Golden North archers or like stated before Tom at kings knock

Man Kenai, that really stinks. He seemed to do a good business, but that end of North Pole was a bit far for folks from Fairbanks. Thanks for the update.

Dave

No worries, I just moved here and its been tough not shooting in a really good 3d shoot every two weeks oh well I have a big yard now

Default roving

Do you do any roving? walking the four wheel trails around Fairbanks offers lots of fun with flu flu's and judo's. I'm out of practice with the longbow but would be more than happy to fling some arrows with ya'.......

Roving, that was one of my favorite things to do up there, ditch the quad, and walk, with a bow, and some blunts. Rotten stumps, snowshoe hares, and grouse in season all equaled a good time.

Dave

I realize Eielson is a drive from FBKS, but they have an indoor range that is open all winter, 5 days a week, evenings, from 6-9. Something to do to stay proficient, meet new people, and the dues are less than $40 for a year.