Thread: wensel woodsmans

Default wensel woodsmans

Anyone up here shoot Wensels? I've taken whitetail with 125 gr. Np in OK. Was wondering if anyone has used them. I was thinking about buying some 190 grain woodsmans. I recently started shooting 190 gr. Field points with good effect.

Shooting a Toelke Whip, Beman MFX 340, 150 grain Woodsman. So far 2 deer on Kodiak and one black bear with them. Also have taken a few turkeys with them. Great blood trails. Although they have all been short.

I am shooting a Toelke Whip, Beman MFX 340's, 150 grain Woodsman's. I have used them to take a 2 deer on Kodiak, and one black bear. Also have taken a few turkeys with them. They do take a little time to get sharp the first time and I cannot get them as sharp as I can a two bladed broad head. But I can get them plenty sharp enough. They leave great blood trails.

where are you at? I've got a few you can tinker with. Bought them for bears/turkeys also and decide after shooting the same heads for so long there's no point to change now and they did well on my longbeard and black and grizz.

Only a couple concerns with the ww's. Nipping the tip, the older design had a tendancy to curl and splitting big bones. I like the idear of the 3rd blade, but am concerned with hitting and trying to split a bone. I know it can do it with the right setup.....what IS the right setup remains to be determined for me anyways. I also have a few snuffers I had planned on using on bears, that hole hide shift fat layer no blood game.

Cheaper way to go that is just as effective is to stick with the WW 125 six pack and get some 75 or 100 grain Woody Weights. I hate the way all the "new improved broadheads" now come in three packs for the same price or more than the old six packs. In my opinion Woody Weights are the most useful invention to archery since the glue-on broadhead.

Tradbow I've got some 125 gr. Originals and Elites I noticed tip curl with the originals. I've read some of Fred Asbells papers on Forward of center and heavy grained. Was just wondering what the normal weight of broadheads everyone is using and how the effect of woodsmans have on bear, moose real big game. Boud'arc I'm goin to probably get some woody weights to try out now that you have brought them to my attention.

Also Tradbow I'm located in Muldoon

I should have elaborated I didn't make the switch. I started with Zwickey Eskimos and have found no reason to change.

Have u read the docs papers on extreme foc? The concepts been around awhile. I don't care for a real high foc my buddies do. That being said I am staying away from the 3s for a reason. High weight with a high foc might be the ticket in a high impact situation