Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kenai river bows

Default kenai river bows

hows the fishing been? may get out on the water this weekend to give it a whirl.
    hook, line, sinker, done.

Hevan't heard any fishing reports but I know it's running high & ugly.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Fished the Middle last week and it is as high as I've ever seen it. The kitchen sink was thrown in known and unknown holes. We yielded one rainbow and one dolly. I'm sure there are some reds to be had but the rainbows are gonna be scattered.

was out there yesterday, and I saw a few small ones, saw 2 caught that didn't brake the 20 mark, it was rough. Put it this way I started fishing for reds it was so bad.

Fished the upper on Thursday and it was really slow. Caught two very small rainbows on a bead. I imagine it'll pick up though as long as the river doesn't come back up.

Fished it tonight for a few drifts. Nothing hit. Wind was terrible water is normal height. Lower kiley is pumping pretty dirty water.

Fished the upper Saturday. As others have said, fishing was tough and pretty slow. Small flesh patterns were the ticket. Zilch on beads. Nothing landed over 20" thought I did manage to break off what would have definitely been my biggest Kenai bow... played him for 5 to 10 minutes under the impression it was an overly agressive sockeye until I got a look see. I'd wandered off without a net and it wasn't meant to be. Oh well.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

tossed around flesh and beads for a little bit on sunday on the middle and didn't get anything

went out of sportsmans for a day float to Jims and landed one sockeye and multiple dollys on Saturday. largest dolly 23"+

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Hit the middle on Sunday. Got about a 22-24" steelhead on a bead. And a couple tiny bows and that was it. Still pretty slow. Saw a bunch of kings rolling on Monday. Couple were fire red and a few looked a bit chrome still.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_logan View Post
    Hit the middle on Sunday. Got about a 22-24" steelhead on a bead. And a couple tiny bows and that was it. Still pretty slow. Saw a bunch of kings rolling on Monday. Couple were fire red and a few looked a bit chrome still.
    wow a steely already?! wow fall is coming fast!

Screwed me up big time. We got it to the boat and in the net and all I could think was it was a jack. Then got a good look. Few spots. All white mouth.

yeah I bet, it would have had me scratching my head as well. Funny how catching a fish out of season does that.

Default Imagine a grayling

Should have seen the look on our faces when the wife pulled a grayling out of the river. That was a true head scratcher there.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_logan View Post
    Should have seen the look on our faces when the wife pulled a grayling out of the river. That was a true head scratcher there.
    Actually, I have seen grayling come out of the Kenai before, not to mention the Russian. But put it this way I think there is more steelies in the Kenai then grays.

Did you guys get the steelie & grayling on the same trip? That would indeed be cool...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

how late in the year can i run a prop down through the middle from the lake before its sketchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Did you guys get the steelie & grayling on the same trip? That would indeed be cool...
    Nah it was separate trips.

I have fished super hole and rainbow alley well in to September. But always running from bings up so I'm. It real sure about from the lake down. I do plan on running it as long as I can till the price of props gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    how late in the year can i run a prop down through the middle from the lake before its sketchy?
    I run a prop until nov ………2 places to watch out for, right above bings, and stretch infront of the upper kiley.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    I run a prop until nov ………2 places to watch out for, right above bings, and stretch infront of the upper kiley.
    What kind of boat are you running? Just got a predator so gonna see how it's going to work out towards the end of the year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast