Thread: Big Su river access laws ?

Default Big Su river access laws ?

Anybody know where I can get some reliable info on how the state of Ak can legally shut river acces off to all local boat traffic heading north of the Big Su bridge or heading south ? With the new constructing of the bridge they said the underpass of the bridge will be shut down. Because every time I call they keep transferring me someone else .
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Falling objects hitting your head? Company being liable maybe for dropped objects?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Yep I had along talk with the bridge manager , She said they would leave a section under the bridge for boat travel ,The notice was just for legal reason as you said falling objects

When are they to start the project?This might slow my mad dash's to the stand after work next month.

It's on !!! They started 2 weeks ago ,The bridge is down to one lane and they plan on semi-long waits to cross this summer

Default No ADOT info

I could find no mention of this project on ADOT's website. It seems like closing a major road like this would be easier to find offical info on??? I just crossed that bridge Sunday and there was nothing indicating a construction project had started.

Well they better hurry and get it done by May 12th!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthRick View Post
    I could find no mention of this project on ADOT's website. It seems like closing a major road like this would be easier to find offical info on??? I just crossed that bridge Sunday and there was nothing indicating a construction project had started.

Was it the Big su bridge ? I'm sitting here looking a the one lane bridge and the wait , The contruction is going to take 2 summers,

Body of Notice:

The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) is soliciting comments on a proposal to repair the Parks Highway Susitna River Bridge, at MP 104.2, just north of Talkeetna. The proposed project start date is May 15, 2007.

Lead-based paint will be removed from the steel girders and repainted with non-lead paint, cracks repaired in steel members, and the concrete deck will be repaired or replaced. Removal of lead-based paint will use sand or shot blast techniques, and will include full containment procedures during blast operations and proper ballast residue treatment and disposal.

Traffic will be accommodated on the existing bridge during construction, using temporary closures or single lane operation. Access below the bridge may be restricted during construction.

As presently envisioned, ADOT&PF does not anticipate any significant environmental impacts associated with the proposed project. All work will occur on the bridge structure itself with no in-water work.

To ensure that all factors are considered in the development of the environmental document and the project design, ADOT&PF is requesting public comments and recommendations. Please provide written comments to the following address by December 5, 2005.

Jerry O. Ruehle
    Environmental Coordinator
    Preliminary Design and Environmental
    Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
    P. O. Box 196900
    Anchorage, Alaska 99519-6900

Questions concerning the engineering aspects of the proposed project can be directed to John Dickenson, P.E., Project Manger, at 269-0572 or via email john_dickenson@dot.state.ak.us. Questions concerning the environmental aspects of the proposed project can be directed to Mark Boydston, Environmental Analyst, at 269-0524 or via email at mark_boydston@dot.state.ak.us.
    Persons with a hearing impairment can contact ADOT&PF at our Telephone Device for the Deaf (TDD) number, 269-0674. We can offer reasonable accommodations for special needs related to other disabilities.

Huh, yes it was the Big Su bridge, I guess they just weren't working on it Sunday.

On ADOTs website there is a section which supposedly lists all the places you could be delayed while driving. The Big Su bridge isn't listed. I drive that road every other weekend and this is going to bite.