Thread: Cottonwood Creek Bridge

Default Cottonwood Creek Bridge

Has the bridge been replced yet? as i would like to go down there for some reds here soon but want to know if i would have access or not... Or is there a skinny enough section on the creek that i could jump over? any help would be appreciated

Not as of last week. And it's too wide to jump. You'd be ass deep in muck trying to get across.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I went down there tonight to scout for fish. The bridge is still shut down and NO progress has been made on fixing it. And there are no fish swimming around yet. Hopefully they come in before Saturday. It's pretty mucky in that mud, and you will have to bushwack quite a ways upstream to get to a crossable area. I'm not sure what is taking them so long to get that new bridge in, but I hope they get moving on it soon!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

well i dont remember from last year but are the easily fishable spots from the other side of the creek too? i only fished from the side that you cross the bridge to get to

I fought my way back there to the spots I normally fish with my dog tonight. We did find a bridge, I will attach the pic of it. It was a major pain to get back there. The spots I normally fish will be much different fishing from the other side. There is more brush on that side, and the bank drops down pretty steep. It's doable, and I am going to give it a shot. By the way, me and my dog did not see any fish in there yet. Hopefully they come in tomorrow. But it's looking like I will be going to Willow instead
    IMG_0100.jpg.

how far back is that so called bridge haha, and how secure is it? but yeah hopefully theyll be in tomorrow. and they may just be in the muddy water you cant see into

The log was pretty sturdy. It handled me, and I am 230 pounds, plus the dog, he is about 70. The log was pretty far back there. It was almost to the line that says, no more fishing beyond this point.

What happened to the bridge near the parking area?

It's been condemned and shut down.