Thread: Kenai King's shutting down

Default Kenai King's shutting down

Not sure if you all know but came across this and thought I put it up here .

http://ap.juneauempire.com/pstories/...18712605.shtml
    Alaska bound !

Hey Rum!
    I just spent the last two weeks of June in AK and had no luck with Kings........and apparently nobody else
    was catching them either.......Then listening to the Radio I hear Bonefish Grill (local South Florida rest. Chain)
    is featuring King Salmon on their menu. I guess the commercial boats are getting them while the rec fishing
    is bad and being shut down??????

You went and didn't take me !! Hahaha . I wonder if Bonefish is actually serving kings though, already been a few places that were caught serving fish other then the one the customer thought they ordered . On another note check this story out and this was right off my beach , man talk about a close encounter lol http://www.local10.com/news/Fisherme...z/-/index.html , theres a video of it floating around somewhere .
    Alaska bound !

I get your point but........Bonefish is a good operation and I would not think if they were featuring King
    Slamon that they would have anything but the real thing. They may have caught it using boats out of
    Washington State or Oregon.

I heard about the White Shark and I am not surprised. A world-wide species just coming to a good spot
    to dine!

Cool Kings are farmed too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tabmarine View Post
    . . Bonefish Grill (local South Florida rest. Chain) is featuring King Salmon on their menu. . .
    Commercial Sources

Chinook salmon are native to the Arctic and North Pacific Oceans. In the eastern Pacific, they range from Alaska to California. In the western Pacific, they occur from the Bering Sea to Japan. Chinook salmon have been introduced into Europe, Central and South America and Oceania.

The main sources of chinook salmon are the United States, for wild caught fish, and Canada and New Zealand for farmed fish. Wild chinook sold in the U.S. market are primarily from the United States, while farmed chinook are mostly from Canada.
    If it ain't certified "wild caught," it's farmed fish . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Commercial Sources

If it ain't certified "wild caught," it's farmed fish . . .
    Curious.....I went to thier website and saw nothing conforming the source so I have sent them an e-mail.
    I will post once I hear back from them.