Thread: Clearwater State Rec Site

Default Clearwater State Rec Site

Anybody been to this site lately? I've read up on it a bit, and am getting conflicting info on electrical hook-ups for RVs and travel trailers. I can live without, however mama likes her creature comforts! We may head there this weekend and would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance!

Hey, I live in Delta and visit the Clearwater Campground from time to time. I have lived here for 35 years and I hate to tell you this, but there are no facilities for electrical hook-ups. They have camp sites you can park your RV or travel trailer in. Nice outhouses and potable water from the pump. It is a real nice campground and beautiful view of the Clearwater River. Hope this helps. The only place in Delta that you can have electrical hook-ups and services of the such are at Smith's Green Acres Trailer Court, on the Richardson Hwy, 1/2 mile from our town. Then on the Alaska Highway, there is Bergstad's Trailer court and they also offer RV hook up. I say bite the bullet and stay at Clearwater, better view and nice camping experience.

Thanks for the reply and the info, Icebear. I think we will bite the bullet and try it out, we've read too many good things about it and it's location on the river. Mama has to get used to toughing it every now and again (not that being warm and dry in a travel trailer is roughing it!). Thanks again.

You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend.

x2 on what Icebear said about Clearwater. It's a good place for wives that don't like to "rough it" and the fishing is pretty good.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison