Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little faith restored!

Default A little faith restored!

Was fishing at willow today just below deception creek when I witnessed two individuals with gear that was entirely too heavy to be fishing for trout. This made me suspicious. Every time these two saw me they would act really weird and disappear into the brush. On my way back to the truck I spotted them again and confirmed my suspisions as I saw one of them flip for, and hook, a king and proceed to drag it up into the sand. Luckily the king got away and swam off. As soon as they had realized I was there and saw what they were doing they ran for the brush and down the rail road tracks. I promptly placed a call to the troopers and about 30 min later the trooper was there to try and find these two. Sad to see this stuff but glad to know the troopers still respond!
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Absolutely good for you, Raptor 1! There are always some out there that will work very hard to make all sportsmen look bad. And don't even get me started about garbage left behind, and the shooting of road signs! Arrrgggh!

Jim

Kudos to you for making the call Raptor. Seems doubtful that the Troopers caught up with them after a 30 minute delay, but at least they know there are vigilent people out there who won't put up with their poaching.

How was the trout fishing?

Cheers,
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Wow really? Thats a blatant I don't give a Sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo2AK View Post
    Kudos to you for making the call Raptor. Seems doubtful that the Troopers caught up with them after a 30 minute delay, but at least they know there are vigilent people out there who won't put up with their poaching.

How was the trout fishing?

Cheers,
    Rich
    Fishing was decent. Only fished it for an hour or so but did catch a couple. What a fight on the 3wt!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Was fishing at willow today just below deception creek when I witnessed two individuals with gear that was entirely too heavy to be fishing for trout. This made me suspicious. Every time these two saw me they would act really weird and disappear into the brush. On my way back to the truck I spotted them again and confirmed my suspisions as I saw one of them flip for, and hook, a king and proceed to drag it up into the sand. Luckily the king got away and swam off. As soon as they had realized I was there and saw what they were doing they ran for the brush and down the rail road tracks. I promptly placed a call to the troopers and about 30 min later the trooper was there to try and find these two. Sad to see this stuff but glad to know the troopers still respond!
    I was fishing just above you up by the power lines and log jam, and did see someone talking to two guys with fishing gear down the train tracks on my way home after I stopped to look in deception creek, so hopefully theses yahoos got scared off at the very least. Were you parked at the bridge in a Silver Dodge? Glad to hear you caught a couple, as I did as well on my 4wt.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowSlanger78 View Post
    I was fishing just above you up by the power lines and log jam, and did see someone talking to two guys with fishing gear down the train tracks on my way home after I stopped to look in deception creek, so hopefully theses yahoos got scared off at the very least. Were you parked at the bridge in a Silver Dodge? Glad to hear you caught a couple, as I did as well on my 4wt.
    That makes me happy inside to know that these guys may have been stopped by the trooper. I was parked at the bridge but have a white F-150 with a wheeler in the back.

That makes me happy inside to know that these guys may have been stopped by the trooper. I was parked at the bridge but have a white F-150 with a wheeler in the back.
    I didn't notice a patrol car and the guy was in plain clothes, but he didn't have any fishing gear and was clearly talking to them like they were seperate parties, so yeah, let's hope their ******-baggery was stopped either way. On a side note, I'm trying to get up there at least once a week to fish so if you're ever headed that way and want to go toss a few flies just pm me. Good luck next time you go!

Good to see folks step up.

Similarly in my neighborhood the kids like to block off the culverts of Cottonwood Creek with landing nets. I've made the call a few times but never see resolution.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post

Similarly in my neighborhood the kids like to block off the culverts of Cottonwood Creek with landing nets. I've made the call a few times but never see resolution.
    Keep making the call! I've made several calls for violations and to my knowledge this is the first one of mine they have responded to. Keep doing your part and keep calling. There's very few of them so they can't respond to every call but hopefully, eventually they will follow up on one of your calls.

good job raptor!

Wonder what an M80 dropped into the other side of the culvert would do for the kids's Psykes?

willphish4food, are you guiding on the willow?

way to go raptor,.. you get a forum gold star

You should have a nice collection of landing nets by now.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

great to see the troopers respond so quickly kuddos Snicky
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    great to see the troopers respond so quickly kuddos Snicky
    I'm gonna catch that bow you lost on the K last fall!

I'm gonna catch that bow you lost on the K last fall!
    you catch that bow and when you do,.. post a pic

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    way to go raptor,.. you get a forum gold star
    No need for a gold star, just a pat on the back. Its what any law abiding, honest, sportsman/conservationist worth his salt should do.

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    you catch that bow and when you do,.. post a pic
    I most certainly will. Be sure to post a pic of those kings you get up north also! We'd all love to see them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast