Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate

Default Rude and Inconsiderate

Not sure of where to put this, but I just found out from the wife of the gentleman that died at the Port of Anchorage two weeks ago that there is a Kenai Charter/Fishing Service (DL) in Cooper Landing that charged a large cancellation fee to the family after the husband died in the accident (Port of Anchorage Truck http://www.adn.com/2012/07/03/252972...anchorage.html ) and was unable to go on the scheduled trip. The family tried to cancel due to the death but the business, at first, did not want to give them a refund at all. After much discussion, the business finally agreed to cancel but charged the family a $150 cancellation fee. Is this how you show compassion and take care of those that have recently lost a family member? BTW, the husband was a disabled and decorated veteran who served in Iraq and who used their service several times over several years.

I do understand that the recent closures and restrictions on the Kenai have greatly hurt the charter and outfitter businesses, but, how can anyone be as cold and callous about such a terrible loss to a long time patron. I will never use this business for anything, ever.

The owner should be ashamed.
    Last edited by OKElkHunter; 07-17-2012 at 15:35. Reason: Rename
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

After dealing with a friends death for the last couple weeks I can say that people are can be very brutal when a person dies. Things are said only to further cause hurt. People lie, loot and steal then expect to get ashes for free. Bars in Eagle River and Birchwood have notices saying not to donate because the greedy wife will get it all. The family didn't help with expenses, cleanup of the home or anything else. All they did was loot the home and steal. Any donations would have partially paid off airline tickets and the cost of cremation. Friends paid for the cremation and airline tickets. Friends cleaned up the mess. Friends took care of the wife and son. I wish the 2 establishments and the family to get the best that Karma has to offer. I know I won't ever spend a dollar at the establishments. The owners should be ashamed!

I am an avid outdoorsman and fisherman, have lived in Alaska for over 13 years, served 20 years in our Army and deployed for 24 months of combat operations. Additionally, I knew of this gentleman, soldier, father and husband, and his unexpected and shocking loss to his family. This is a terrible way to treat your guests, any guests, particularly Alaskans who have been to your establishment previously. A terrible situation for this family, has now been made even worse. How unfortunate. It's one thing when there is a cancellation. It's another thing when it is due to the death of immediate family.

What as the name of the charter? Was it :Kenai Charter/Fishing Service (DL) in Cooper Landing?

Can't post names on open forum. Check your messages.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Military or not, that's still not a legit way to run a business. Not sure I could sleep at night pullin a dick move like that.

Pm me a name I'll be sure to avoid them
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Angry Sadness

I am going with "HOLYCRAP" what in the world is going on? yeah I got it business down on the peninsula is not doing very well this year. Actually I don't have it. A man died! sorry he could not keep his reservation with your company. That is a outstanding way to attrack business stud. The next time I am on the Kenai I will be sure to stop by and tell you in person what you can do with your company and how you should run it. How have you stayed in business this long do you have any common since? Oh Mister you have strck a cord, I can not wait to tell everyone I know, on second thought just everyone, what a stand up business you run.

Scott

TWB nailed it on the head and kennetha69 I agree. "sorry for the inconvenience!" If the quilty party is on the forum, let it be known your name is mud.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Pm me a name I'll be sure to avoid them
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Me too.
    What a joke, PM me so I don't book my uncle with them later this year.

I'd like that name too please.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Me too.
    Me lots...I want to know
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I would like to know the name as well. Going to avoid that outfit.

Here is the thing that I dont understand. First of all, I would have some compassion. I lost my dad at a younger and it was a big impact on my family. Secondly, this is a really dumb move for any business. Really? Did you not think that others would think this was BS and talk about it and tell just about every person they know! Smart idea, since one cancellation may lose them business for years...

Post their name so everyone knows

Would some one please PM me the name as well? Id like to avoid businesses that are ran by douschebags. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mt-Rush View Post
    Post their name so everyone knows
    Forum rules prohibit it. Can't believe I just posted this lol.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

You know, when I was growing up in Alaska, we had a break down. A man stopped. Picked all of us up (it was 20 below out) and drove us to town. He knew we were on the poor side and refused to let dad pay for the tow truck he sent out after our car. He then insisted on helping pay for the replacement for the part that gave out. I never saw that man again. People treated other people in Alaska like that. And we all payed it forward. I miss those days. I miss that Alaska! It still is a way of life for some Alaskans, but obviously is the exception and not the rule anymore.....how sad!

This happened to us once so far and we got a call from the grieving widow saying they couldn't make it because her husband passed 2days before thier dream Alaska vacation. Very sad. We immediately refunded the 'non-refundable' deposit and sent her and the family flowers. If it's only about money in this type of business, you won't last long.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    If it's only about money in this type of business, you won't last long.
    I agree 200 percent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast