Thread: Kenai Campsites reserved with no one there?

Default Kenai Campsites reserved with no one there?

Last year (I think it was last year) there was a thread here about how some people would reserve a campsites for an entire month during the Red run. They would just show up on the weekends and would leave a chair or something during the week just to let others know it is already taken.

A lot of people got annoyed with this but thats not why Im posting.

I figure since this is a very busy site, maybe those looking for a campsite could post in this thread and someone who has booked for several weeks, could tell them which site, and offer a couple of days when it will be available? (Via PM of course).

This way, instead of having a chair sitting on an empty campsite during the busy season, there could be a few drunk fishermen sitting there talking about how they are so happy they found this forum.

anywhoo. Im one of those fishermen looking for a campsite on the river. So if you got one with nothing but a chair sitting there, PM me. I like fishing during the week. and weekends. whenever.

To the mods, I hope its ok to start this thread.

Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

I'll be on the river somewhere Thursday to Sunday. Set up to raft/camp on the river the entire time but it would be nice to socialize with a few folks in the Russian River Campground, but, she's packed.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed