Thread: DM 428 Advice

Default DM 428 Advice

I have searched prior posts. No new discussion on this hunt for this year. I was lucky enough to draw this hunt, which is any bull on the Elmendorf side of JBER from Sept 4 to Sept 30. I realize that people may not want to share advice on where to hunt, but any information will be helpful. I am somewhat familiar with Elmendorf and I plan scout it hard for 2 weeks prior to opening day. I am more than willing to get off the beaten path and work hard for a moose and I have plenty of support from friends and family for packing out a big moose. I realize the season is a little early and the moose won't be vocal until the last week or so. If anyone is on base regularly and has been seeing moose, your insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Seen plenty of cows, the only bull ive seen was on the davis hwy Ft Rich side.

Quote Originally Posted by ckreitel View Post
    I realize the season is a little early and the moose won't be vocal until the last week or so. Thanks!
    I have good new for you, no I don't know where there are any bulls. I've called Bull moose in as early as Sept 1. So it can be done.