Thread: New 2010 Nissan 9.8 HP 4 stroke $1450

Default New 2010 Nissan 9.8 HP 4 stroke $1450

Sea Marita in Anchorage has 6, well 5 now, new 2010 model 9.8 HP OB,s short shaft manual for $1450 cash price. 3 year warranty. 81# 4 stroke pretty good motor for the bigger canoes. Been looking for a 4 stroke and with all the ones being stolen, and about same price as used ones on Craigs List, I bought one for my 16 foot Kboat. Exact same motor as Tohatsu and Mercury

[QUOTE=kk alaska;1146288]Sea Marita in Anchorage has 6, well 5 now, new 2010 model 9.8 HP OB,s short shaft manual for $1450 cash price. 3 year warranty. 81# 4 stroke pretty good motor for the bigger canoes. Been looking for a 4 stroke and with all the ones being stolen, and about same price as used ones on Craigs List, I bought one for my 16 foot Kboat. Exact same motor as Tohatsu and Mercury[/QUOTE

Whats the best way to secure the motor to keep it from being stolen ?? I have a tracking chip in mine.]

Default Tracking Chip

Please post a link

Picked up motor they may be all gone!

only a weekend sale they said no more on sale now about $1800still not a bad price

I bought mine today for $1450 cash or check From Joe, 9.8 SS Nissan 4 stroke runs great very quiet and no vibration. I gained about 3 MPH, with the 9.8 compared to the 8 hp 2 stroke, 16 foot Saturn Kaboat with 3 people.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    I bought mine today for $1450 cash or check From Joe, 9.8 SS Nissan 4 stroke runs great very quiet and no vibration. I gained about 3 MPH, with the 9.8 compared to the 8 hp 2 stroke, 16 foot Saturn Kaboat with 3 people.
    I'm clicking LIKE

I have a 9.8 nissan 4 stroke....2010 long shaft I use on my drifter....I freaking love it....The ONLY problem. Its to quiet.....LOL I have to look back to make sure its on sometimes....I have run mine all over skilak and the mid river and it takes some abuse...I put a different prop on to lower the nose and it kicks ass.

Oh and Mine is 83lbs as a long shaft and manual...I can run that thing for 12 hours up and down the mid and the lake and dont even burn a half a tank....Im very very very impressed with mine
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Kaboat

Had boat on the Kenai one person 200# gear 14 _15mph upstream

we have orgnation to its finest , walked into the store an guess what I got one for $1450 today that is great
    but I can't say much about the sales people I called the boat shop an they said no way , did it 5 times an got 3 different price's but nothing like the $1450 on the top of this forum , but did get hen I walked in we have orgnation to the fullest

SID

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    Sea Marita in Anchorage has 6, well 5 now, new 2010 model 9.8 HP OB,s short shaft manual for $1450 cash price. 3 year warranty. 81# 4 stroke pretty good motor for the bigger canoes. Been looking for a 4 stroke and with all the ones being stolen, and about same price as used ones on Craigs List, I bought one for my 16 foot Kboat. Exact same motor as Tohatsu and Mercury
    You and Sid are going to go to hell for stealing..... In all seriousness, great deals for your both on what should be a really really good motor; nice weight too - sometimes I wish my 124# were actually #81.... I have the identical motor, except 15 HP. But I like tons of power too, so there ya go.

Also btw, I got a steal of a deal from Marita too on my motor a number of years back - and I've loved it every day since, except maybe the ones when I lift it.

will pickup motor to day to replace my old 2 cycle 15 OMC [johnson ] its old but still runs I think now got
    to get read of it , just like me old , OLD , OLD

It's a good motor, and will push a small load against the Yukon. They are cold blooded during cold moose hunts though. Mine really like the NGK iridium plugs. It also worked better with the idle screw taken up a bit.....less cold weather stalling.

The 9.8 DOES NOT like to be laid on either side. You will need to keep it upright during storage/transport, or you will get oil dripping out of the exaust. With my older canoes, my 9.8 ran better lifted with a more aggressive pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    It's a good motor, and will push a small load against the Yukon. They are cold blooded during cold moose hunts though. Mine really like the NGK iridium plugs. It also worked better with the idle screw taken up a bit.....less cold weather stalling.

The 9.8 DOES NOT like to be laid on either side. You will need to keep it upright during storage/transport, or you will get oil dripping out of the exaust. With my older canoes, my 9.8 ran better lifted with a more aggressive pitch.

I store mine standing up but lay it down to travel...Tiller side down...Just like the picture on the cover shows...I have never had any issues with out out the exhaust.....Well I did one time when I loaned it to someone and they laid it down on the wrong side....
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight