Thread: Poor service at *****

Default Poor service at *****

Anyone else have poor service at ***** Marine in Fairbanks?? Bought a brand new 2011 Merc Optimax last year and while running the river early this Summer, had the entire lower unit come loose and fell off. Took it in and ***** said, "sometimes that just happens". We agreed this would be warranty work due to the fact that this is brand new and they installed the lower unit, but just to cover my ass i told him to call me if there was anything that was gonna cost me money. He also said this would only take a couple weeks to fix. I would think he would get right on this but it took over a month to get my boat back. On top of this he decided to replace my water pump and charge me for it without even calling me in advance. When i mentioned that we had an agreement that he would call me if there was any cost to me, he gave me nothing but a nasty attitude and said that this is a standard practice at his company to replace parts as they seem fit. Never heard of any service company replacing parts without calling the costomer first?!?! I just gave over 20 grand to ***** and this is how he treats me??

Needless to say, I will not be back to ***** and regret giving him my buisness. I have heard from several people that they have also had these same bad experiences with him in the past. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone looking to purchase a boat or have work done.

(moderator note, our forum as explained in the rules does not allow naming companies or individuals that members have had problems with. Like it or not, it's the forums policy)
    Last edited by Paul H; 07-16-2012 at 16:11.

Well, if they are a Merc dealer I would call Mercury and give them a heads up as to what happened. How the heck can the lower unit just fall off?!?

I've heard several other stories along the same line. Poor service with an attitude is the norm for most businesses in Fairbanks.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"