Thread: Kenai Advice

Default Kenai Advice

A group of us is headed to Soldotna on 7/27. Right now we have a charter booked for both the 28th and the 31st on the Kenai for Kings. I have been trying to keep up with the fishing reports, sonar counts and the regs and it looks like it will remain C&R only for Kenai kings the remainder of the year??? Tough question, but is the consensus that it will remain this way for the rest of the year?
    Was considering canceling one of the 2 days on the Kenai for kings and just wanted some advice from what appears to be a well informed forum before we make any cancellations.

Looks like a great start to the red season and looking forward to hopefully picking up a few of those! Will the reds still be in force by the end of July or will they be moved up the river by then?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Kenai, AK

Reds should still be good to very good fishing at the end of July. If the king number don't pick up soon it sounds like fish and game may shut it down to all King fishing completely. Not even catch and release. You will have to wait and see what the run does and if the kings show up. I would contact your charter and ask them what your options are and what they think will happen to the run.

Tough year for the Kings.

Sterling, Alaska, United States

King fishing will be closing on Thursday to no fishing but right now the reds are doing really good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2