Thread: floating the little su

Default floating the little su

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any opinions or ideas if whether floating the little Su is worth it this fall for moose. Or somewhere else would be a better option, I'm limited to 3 day floats because of school.

Yes it is worth it, especially if you can call them to you.
    BK

You'll find a hand full of boaters on the lower end. Either high walled or dense. Scour the maps for what you think is a good area and sit on it.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I have a friend who floated it last year during rifle season. he said there were a bunch of guys out there on atv's and they only saw one cow. Had a good camping trip with his son, but not a great hunt.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Thanks for the info I'm going to try and float it this month to check it out. I've heard from some others of low moose populations along that stretch of river, I'll have to look around for other possible areas.

Though moose and bears can and do coexist in habitat, I would say that the number of bears certainly influences he low population.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I have done that hunt and it is not easy. Lots of people, low water and tall brush on the banks. Best to find some high spots and get on top and spot. Lots of bears that I think push the moose up onto the hills and ridge's and away from the banks. We had a couple come close to the river one night but that was it for easy pack options. Bring a fishing rod!