Thread: 338-06 a-square

Default 338-06 a-square

not sure how many of you shoot this but I just came across this sale on brass and thought I would share it..

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat104275080

you can get it cheaper at midway even with it being on sale. There is no way that cabelas is getting 75 normally for 338-06 brass when you can order norma brass for 33.50 from midway.

cool good info, I dont shoot one just passed along when I seen it thought it might be a good deal for those that do. Midway sounds cheaper though..

I was shocked then I seen that price. I do shoot a 338-06 and usually just up-size 30-06 brass, but the norma brass is nice. Cabelas is starting to really jack up there prices on some stuff. I have noticed that I can get stuff cheaper then cabelas most of the time though midway or brownells.

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    I was shocked then I seen that price. I do shoot a 338-06 and usually just up-size 30-06 brass, but the norma brass is nice. Cabelas is starting to really jack up there prices on some stuff. I have noticed that I can get stuff cheaper then cabelas most of the time though midway or brownells.
    I hear ya for sure I was actually looking for 416 brass when I came across this and not knowing any pricing figured it was a screaming deal. I have also noticed those price jumps.I am still in shock that a box of 416 wby brass is dang near 70$...lol

That's not a deal at all.

40 dollars for 20 brass. The brass is made by Norma.

Here's a better deal: Buy the same Norma brass in 30-06 (100 pieces for 87 dollars), and resize them. This is what I'm doing for 358 Winchester using 308 Norma brass.

Neck up Win '06...works fine....unless you want to get 20 reloads out of a case.

Anyone using the 185 TSX?
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Often you can find 338-06 in Weatherby ammo and brass. Generally not cheap but often cheaper than Norma stamped brass. It of course is Norma brass and Norma loaded ammo with 210 grain Nosler PT bullets. I bought five boxes of ammo, at a gun show a while back, for $100. The ammo is very good and the brass was worth that. Besides A-Square, Weatherby was the first rifle maker to chamber the 338-06. It was in a light weight rifle, don't recall what Wby called it but was excellent rifle.

It is the easiest wildcat ammo to make from new "06 brass. One pass through with a tapered expander and it's ready to load. I've made thousands of 338-06 cases from basic "06 brass (cylindrical, no head-stamp) also and it is done in two steps. I don
    t think there is any difference in case life of brass formed from '06 or factory 338-06 head-stamp. If you use fired '06 brass you will have failures in the necking up process. Just use New '06 brass if you can't find 338-06.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?