Thread: Homer Salmon Reports?

Default Homer Salmon Reports?

Will be in Homer the 2nd week in August with my nephew & his son. Renting a boat as well as going on several charters for a total of 6 days on the salt. Many years experience at these locations when I owned a boat in Homer so I'm wondering how the the silver/king forecast is developing? The past two seasons have been OK but less than stellar except for feeder Kings near the bluffs. Silvers should start showing up @ "three fingers, sand waves, silver ridge & pogy" shortly. Any reports?

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lyf View Post
    Will be in Homer the 2nd week in August
    ask again about the end of the first week in august if you want relevent info.
    kinda like asking how the weather will be in a month.
    (man, i sure hope it's warmer!!!!!)
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    ask again about the end of the first week in august if you want relevent info.
    kinda like asking how the weather will be in a month.
    (man, i sure hope it's warmer!!!!!)
    Have to totally agree with Dave on this one and couldn't have said it better. King fishing has been great lately if you just happen to have your herring swimming in front of one at the time. And it has really sucked if you aren't fishing where they are that day. And what will happen with silvers will certainly be a mystery until they either show or don't.

Boy, you said a mouthful on the warmer weather thing, Dave. Today felt like about the middle of Sept. and I'm still trying to dry my bones. I don't think it can get much worse unless maybe if it starts snowing. (shooting squad)
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    And what will happen with silvers will certainly be a mystery until they either show or don't.
    (shooting squad)
    Particularly since the Pony Cove silvers haven't really materialized in the numbers they should be.