Thread: Forum upgrade complete - REPORT BUGS HERE!

Exclamation Forum upgrade complete - REPORT BUGS HERE!

Hi everyone! The forums are now resident on their own server and purring along nicely! As with any move of this type we do not expect problems, but little bugs do pop up occasionally. If you experience one, please leave a message on this thread with a detailed explanation of what happened, what you did to get it, and your browser. We'll aim to fix it right away.

The "New Posts" fuction doesn't seem to be working. I'm using IE whatever the latest version is. HTTP 500 Internal Server Error saying the website cannot display the page.

Also doesn't work on my iphone. The page just gets hung up in a search.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    The "New Posts" fuction doesn't seem to be working. I'm using IE whatever the latest version is. HTTP 500 Internal Server Error saying the website cannot display the page.

Also doesn't work on my iphone. The page just gets hung up in a search.
    Ok, I see this error too. I'll get right on it.

Update: Its affecting the entire search function. I'll see if the search index got corrupted somehow.

Update 2: Error fixed. It was an error associated with vbulletin being incompatible with the very latest version of PHP (an error I imagine they will correct soon). I'll have to rebuild the search index, which will take 2hrs. Its all fully usable now, but more search results will filter in as they get processed.
    Last edited by Man1c M0g; 07-14-2012 at 16:24.

Tapatalk not working. I get "recieving from server," then "processing," then it just spins till it times out.

Quote Originally Posted by sibir View Post
    Tapatalk not working. I get "recieving from server," then "processing," then it just spins till it times out.
    Ditto, I got a push message that the forum was back online but I have not been able to access it w/ tapatalk on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4Gs painfully using safari.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Ditto, I got a push message that the forum was back online but I have not been able to access it w/ tapatalk on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4Gs painfully using safari.
    I've reinstalled the plugin in its entirety - it should be working as intended now (or at least it does in my version of Tapa!). Let me know if it worked for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Man1c M0g View Post
    I've reinstalled the plugin in its entirety - it should be working as intended now. Let me know if it worked!
    Seems to be working now!

Working on the android version of Tapatalk. Thanks!

Working now on iPhone 4s
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

well: I can't post anymore on the standard (v4 template) version that runs on the computer - just the mobile version ; the box for "message" is grayed out, and I can't type any characters in that box. Not sure when this started; I haven't posted in awhile......could be big brother wanting me to work more but hey, I'm caught up and then some; besides - I can still post - just awkwardly. Others seem to be posting so I'm not sure what is is up with my connection.

When using the "new posts" function it appears that it is now limited to 4 pages? Is that a new setting? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesch View Post
    well: I can't post anymore on the standard (v4 template) version that runs on the computer - just the mobile version ; the box for "message" is grayed out, and I can't type any characters in that box. Not sure when this started; I haven't posted in awhile......could be big brother wanting me to work more but hey, I'm caught up and then some; besides - I can still post - just awkwardly. Others seem to be posting so I'm not sure what is is up with my connection.
    Sounds like it could be your browser. If you are having trouble with the WYSIWYG comments system, though, you can always go into your userCP and turn it off. Click settings at the top of this page, then go to general settings > Miscellaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    When using the "new posts" function it appears that it is now limited to 4 pages? Is that a new setting? I hope not.
    I reduced the amount of results returned by the system to help reduce server load. More than happy to change it - how many pages of results did you used to get? I've doubled the returned results now anyway - is this enough for your needs?

I reduced the amount of results returned by the system to help reduce server load. More than happy to change it - how many pages of results did you used to get? I've doubled the returned results now anyway - is this enough for your needs?
    Perfect, thanks!

Default what about my browser? what am I supposed to be looking for?

Sounds like it could be your browser. If you are having trouble with the WYSIWYG comments system, though, you can always go into your userCP and turn it off. Click settings at the top of this page, then go to general settings > Miscellaneous.
    What about my browser? What am I looking for here? (problem: I still can't reply on your full site/V4 template; only this mobile version; I noticed this a week ago; reply box below "Message:" is gray - can't type anything into it; I noticed sometimes it is white for an instant before it goes gray).

BTW - I haven't ever experienced this outside this website I post on, so it seems to be something specific with Oudoorsdirectory forums only.

Thumbs up Very zippy (fast)

Windoze/firefox here, and all looks fine. The only difference I've noticed so far is that it is extremely quick. Congrats on the massive upgrade with minimum pain.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesch View Post
    What about my browser? What am I looking for here? (problem: I still can't reply on your full site/V4 template; only this mobile version; I noticed this a week ago; reply box below "Message:" is gray - can't type anything into it; I noticed sometimes it is white for an instant before it goes gray).

BTW - I haven't ever experienced this outside this website I post on, so it seems to be something specific with Oudoorsdirectory forums only.
    You may have corrupted Javascript cached in your browser. Try doing as I stated below and turning the WYSIWYG editor off. honestly it will solve the issue.

Well:

I didn't have the WYSIWYG system turned on; I had the basic one (simple text); so I turned that one off and chose the other one (advanced formatting); whatever......it seems to work now