Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klutina Reports?

Default Klutina Reports?

How are the water levels? Are the reds moving threw?

We got our limits. It was dead all day, but a few hundred fish moved in late. The people close to the bridges weren't catching much, we walked down to the mouth and everyone there was doing decent.

Hey thanks for the report! how was the water level??

Still high but starting to get better
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Awesome, that means fish will push, I think I'll run up there tuesday..

Water level is about down to normal. Three of us fished today for about 5 hours and got two limits. Weather was awesome. Fished about halfway to the mouth. Fish came in spurts. I wouldn't call it hot, but fish are there if you can find them...

Buddy and his wife got their limits on the way to Valdez. Said it took him 30 minutes late Friday evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Some got there limits others like me didn't. They are coming in spurts, it's. Not like it was back in June but hey it's fishing.

Water level good yesterday. Fishing spotty but good enough to keep me fishing all day

The lil one and I arrived on Saturday afternoon about 2:30 and set up camp. Started fishing about 4 and finished about 5:15 with three nice reds. Overall, the fishing was very good for sockeye. Didn't hear or see anything about kings.

Fishing on Sunday was slow - nothing by mid-morning. Would've loved to have an extra day to see how Sunday evening went.

Fished Fri-Sun and 3 of us limited each day. Took anywhere between 2-4hrs. Plenty of fish with few people. Fish were still in good condition with only a few showing slight blushing. Water levels were about back to normal.

Any new reports on the fishing?

I heard from a slayer yesterday that he and a cohort each caught a king in less than 30 minutes of arrival and was sticking around for sockeyes. sounded like fishing was good.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Was thinking of heading down tomorrow and come back Thursday evening. Any new reports or guesses on how the fishing should be?
    Thanks. Ed

Was there from Thursday till Saturday. Sunny and not very many people. Fishing was decent and you can still catch limits, just gotta know where the fish are holding.

Also, might consider bringing heavier gear. I hooked alot but had a hard time landing them with an 8wt fly rod.

Good "fishing" nonetheless.

Kings close down this saturday.

And I always use my 7wt when fishing down there, fun stuff. The fish dont seem to fight as hard as the kenai fish and arent as big, but sure do taste better!
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Made it down Wed and Thurs. As a beginner I didn't do so well as some others. Landed one each day and had 5-6 get off the line between myself and a buddy. More experienced guys were doing OK with some limits being reached. It really seemed to matter exactly where you were fishing from. The hotspot seemed to be on the north side just down from the bridge. But it was great weather and a lot of fun. Water was good and hardly anybody in the campgrounds. Met a couple of very nice gentleman who made sure I was rigged up properly and doing the flip just right.

Stopped by the Klutina twice this weekend once on the way down to Valdez and then on the way back. Thursday afternoon I took my fishing partner down to get his King 2.5 hours we were done. He landed about a 25 pound buck. Off to Valdez on a charter. It was the best weather day I have ever had on the Gulf of Alaska not to mention the best fishing day I have ever had. I weighed in 95 pounds of halibut and ling cod filets. On the way back we fished for Reds at the Klutina and we managed two limits within 3 hours of fishing. Water is still a little high but there are still a few fish coming in.

A friend and I went down to groves on thursday and got a limit of reds, then got our kings early friday (around 25#) with groves guides and couldn't get a red from 6-9:30am and went back home. I was told the fish wheels can still catch unlimited kings, is that true?

Any reds still at Klutina??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast