Thread: Anyone tried the Rossi Rio Grande?

Default Anyone tried the Rossi Rio Grande?

Has anyone tried the new Rossi Rio Grand yet. It is available in .410, .30-30 and .45/70 and looks a lot like a Marlin 336/1895. The .410 is available in stainless so I'd bet it won't belong before it is out in the other 2 calibers.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I haven't seen one yet, but the 410 is kind of neat. For the cost though (estimated to be $400) and weight of 7lbs, I think I'd also have to take a hard look at the Mossberg 410 pump priced at around $300. You'd be able to use 3" shells, and the little shotty would weigh about a pound less.

I found a deal on one of those Mossbergs....$100 for the gun with a 26" full and an 18" cyl plus a pistol grip. The cly choke is kinda worthless past 20 yds but the 26" full with #7 1/2s have ended the life of bunnys, tree rats a few crows and a possum or two and I'd guess 5.5 lbs.

I'm wondering about the quality of the Rossi in .45-70...not That I need one.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Iíve been tempted to order one up, if itís like their 92 quality wise it could be a great foundation for lots of cool stuff. But I havenít even seen one so havenít screwed up the nerve to put money there just yet. I got no interest in them for 410/30-30/45-70 though, there are a lot of great guns out there Iíd rather have for those.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona