Thread: tanana river boat launches

Default tanana river boat launches

Hey guys, got an undersuscribed permit this year, since i cant win one for the life of me. The permit runs West from Ft greely boundary for 12 miles or so. from the delta to little delta river mouths at the tanana. I am looking for the nearest locations of boat launches to that area. mile markers or bridge names would be awesome. Also ill be there 25 sept - 1 oct. If theres any water level or other info from previous years i would be interested to hear. running a 1652 g3 with a 50 jet so i can get pretty shallow. thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

The bridge over the tanana north of delta junction. And the next one would be the salcha river area I think. Never launched that far downstream with a jetboat though so don't quote me on that one. We dropped the airboat in the water in the area you have a tag for but you're not going to launch any other boat. That's a nice boat you have.

thanks, it does really well with 2 guys and packed light. and burns at most, WOT loaded 4.5 gph, and that puts me at 17-25 mph for down and upstream. but it looks like theres a bridge near the delta. I would rather run upstream to the area though so i can do quicker runs loaded with meat downstream and run light backup for multiple trips. appreciate the help. Keep em coming
    NRA life Member JVJ

Hey guys, revisiting this subject, I leave Sunday morning. I recently ran the ivishak and can get away with some shallow water so that is not a concern. Would just like to launch downstream if possible as close to the little delta river as possible. Thansk
    NRA life Member JVJ

What mod elan said. There's a launch at the Richardson Hwy/Tanana River crossing at Big Delta, and one at the Richardson Hwy/Salcha River crossing. There's a small put in at Shaw Creek as well. Am not aware of any others in that stretch.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Well from the Salcha river launch it looks like an estimated 16 river miles west to the little delta river. The Big Delta looks like an estimated 16 miles east of Delta Creek. It looks like i will use the Salcha boat launch so i can get away with running upstream to the hunting area and downstream back to the truck. thanks guys.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Am unsure of the situation/water level at Shaw Creek this fall, but would be well worth investigating.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

So how did it go?