Thread: .416 Ruger components or loaded ammo help

Default .416 Ruger components or loaded ammo help

Thanks in advance for any input on this matter. I just picked up a Ruger Alaskan in .426 Ruger and wanted to ask if anybody in A-Town or the Valley carries brass or dies for the .416 and also does anybody carry loaded ammo. I have 1 box I got with the rifle but not sure if it was ordered online or not. I would rather buy locally than send out for the stuff. Also I can use .375 ruger brass to as I don't really care what the head stamp says.

You can try Great Northern Guns, they carry a lot of different ammo.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Thanks but no luck they don't have any does or brass for the 416 anybody else who might have them?

There's only seven stores in the Greater Anchorage area that carry any reloading supplies at all that I know of. Great Northern, Mt View, Sportsman's, Boondocks in Eagle River, Wild West, Alaska Custom and Gun Traders. The first four stores have the biggest slection. Let your fingers do the walking.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

I've never seen brass or loaded ammo for the 416 Ruger when browsing through the stores in AK. That doesn't mean that someone hasn't (doesn't) carried it but that cartridge does not have a significant following yet.

I've ordered specialty ammo from Great Northern Guns ... so I'm sure they would look to see if it available and advise on pricing. Perhaps the other stores would do that as well.

For reloading, I've ordered brass/bullets for a different 416 cartridge through Midway USA with much success.

Yes GNG said they could get the dies and brass for me or loaded ammo. I just figured instead of calling everywhere I could ask on here and see if anyone had the stuff locally. I have ordered probably well over $5000 worth of items from midwayusa in the last 6-7 years but I like to go local if possible. The last place I was stationed you couldn't get crap for reloading gear to include loaded ammo. I really don't wanna buy loaded ammo because I see it online for around $43 for 20 at the cheapest and around $65 at the highest which tells me to add $20 to $30 for Alaska pricing. Anyhow I guess I will just order online. Thanks anyway for the info.

Who wants to buy factory ammo anyways when you can roll your own? Put a Barnes bullet through the tube and nothing on the planet will withstand your fury. Good luck getting what you want around here, or anywhere, for a specialty rifle. Easy enough to get the bullets and brass online though and you can get powders and primers a plenty in town. I was milliseconds away from getting the 416, but opted for the 375 instead. No regrets really. It is fun carrying a big stick!

Give me a call tomarrow. I know I got 416 ruger brass in stock. Not sure on the dies.

Sterling Cook
    Arctic Ammo & reloading Supplies
    4900 E palmer-wasilla hwy ste 1B
    Wasilla AK 99654
    907-357-3381

Old thread I know. GNG has 416 ruger brass in stock and boondocks has loaded ammo.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin