Thread: Ling length to weight conversion table?

Default Ling length to weight conversion table?

I know there's a halibut length to weight conversion table, and "Fishnphysician's" king salmon formula for finding the weight of a Kenai king, but does anyone know of a ling length to weight conversion table?

Maybe it would be too difficult to find a correct ratio since they always seem to have a stomach that's a LOT bigger than their gargantuan mouth.

I found an article ( saying the world record was 82.6 lbs., but only 55 inches long. Three of the five we caught yesterday were over 50 inches ( in the pic from l to r, 50", 54" and 56"), but just 43 lbs., 51 lbs. and 58 lbs. respectively:
    big lings 7-10-12.JPG
    If the world record was 82 lbs. and 55" it sure would have to have been really fat to weigh THAT much.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.

Eagle River

I saw the mount of the record Ling at the Sportsman's show a couple on years ago. It was FAT, not sure I could get my arms around it, oh and it looked like it could swallow a basketball.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2

The best ling I've caught was 44" and 38#. A buddy on Kodiak claims there is a 50/50 match with lings i.e. 50" 50#'s Considering how voracious lings are, a full stomach can add 5-10#'s.

BTW, nice fish!
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.