Thread: Binoculars for girlfriend!!!

Default Binoculars for girlfriend!!!

I'm going to be taking my girlfriend out hunting this fall and want to get her a decent pair of binoculars. I have a pair of 10X42 Swarovski's. However, I can't really justify buying those for her. Can anyone suggest a pair to buy that would be decent that she wouldn't mind looking through for an extended period of time, or I might be looking through and letting her use my Swarovskis. Something not in the Swarovski price range. Any help would be appreicated.

Depends how serious you are with your girlfriend and how serious she is about hunting!...I gave my wife my Leica 10x42 trinovids and got me some Swarovski 10x42 ELs it was a good deal that worked to my advantage, I know its a little pricey but it pays off in the end...just like diamonds...good glass can be a girls best friend..................K

Forum Sponsor
    New York

Check out our Demo/Sample site, there are great deals on Minox HG's and Kahles that will give her awesome quality without killing your pocket
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Camera Land

Swarovki's are very nice indeed but very spendy. But if they are good enough for you why aren't they good enough for your GF? I can buy enough "el cheapo" Bushnell 12x50's for my family and still have some change leftover then buying high end binos that are not indestructible.
    Posts like this crack me up. Buy for your GF/wife what you would buy for yourself, binos, sleds, rifle, scope. If she is smart enough to realize that you are cheaping out on her on the toys she'll smarten up and leave you hanging.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

She smart enough to know that she doesn't need a great pair of binos because she doesn't go all that often. She's the one that said she didn't need top of the line. But thanks for the help

Eagle River, AK

Get her the Nikon Monarch 10x42 binocs. My wife and I got one pair of these two years ago and are almost certainly going to get another set. We picked ours up for $230 on eBay, and I see that there's a set for sale for a pretty good price on that demo sale linked to above. They are by far the best binoculars I have found under $600, and they quite honestly rival the clarity of some of the truly expensive glass.

Springfield Missouri

I bought a pair from Cabelas alaskans, mine are 12 X 50 they are very clear with no I strain. The only think I do not like about them is focus knob is indexed. They make other sizes also.

Default Nikon optics

You should take a good look at the Nikon optics. I have a pair of swarovskis, because I bought them on ebay for $500. 10x50's. and I bought a nikon spotting scope also on ebay for$575. Excellent glass, almost what ziess, leica etc are. The best part of the Nikon products is the warranty. $10 25 year, no fault. The way I understand it is, run them over, drop them, whatever send them back with $10 and Nikon will either fix them or replace them.

That is my advice. I spent a couple of hours in Sportsmans Warehouse and looked at all of them. For the money, Nikon is by far the most bang for the buck.

Someone mentioned the Kahles--also a good choice. I thing that they have a limited lifetime warranty.

Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant

Lanche, I think you should let her suck it up and buy her own...she's got a job, right!! J/K!! Look at cabelas alaska guide models. I was looking at them with the guys at work just yesterday and they were thinking about getting a pair or two.

Southwest Nebraska

I had the same dilema around Christmas time. My gf needed a good set binocs, but told me that she didn't want/need top of the line. I bought her a set of Minox 10x43 HG from Doug at Camera Land. She is thrilled with them and I am too. They compare well to my Swarovski 10x42 EL's for clarity, resolution and low light capablity. Yes, I have done the stack test with them well after sundown. The Minox are a bit smaller and lighter weight than the EL's too.

So far they are holding up great. Give Doug a call at Camera Land. He will answer all your questions and provide great customer service. If you can't decide between 2 or 3 different models, Doug will send them all to you for you to decide. Then send back the ones you don't want. As I said...GREAT SERVICE and also GREAT PRICES from Doug.