Thread: Willow

Default Willow

Anyone floated from Shirley Towne to the highway? I'll be in a 9' fishcat but I was wondering how navigable it is and whether i need to bring any tools. Especially curious about that part where the river leaves established riverbed above the large log jam above Deception and how it is through there until it rejoins the established riverbed just above the highway.

Thanks in advance,

dodger

Just floated it two days ago. Water is High and Fast the first couple of miles and crystal clear the whole way down. The log jam is very bad, but there is a pull out just before it and you have to drag your raft about an 1/8 of a mile around it. There were hardly any kings up there (saw maybe 15) and the trout fishing was slow. Threw beads, llamas, egg sucking leachs..... ect. Good Luck. The first couple of "rapids" were pretty hairy. Have fun and be careful!

Snowcrab,
    So you portaged around the log jam just above the powerlines and floated by deception creek which would mean that you opted not to take that right fork which holds most of the streamflow? I was looking for information on how floatable that rught fork is. Anyone have any info?

Thanks,

dodger