Thread: Help find old friend in Soldotna.

Default Help find old friend in Soldotna.

About 20 years ago I went back trolling on Kenai for Kings and flossing for Reds on the Russian with a guy named Dan Smith. He was an avid fisherman. He was a sales rep. for cigarette companies. He was living right on the Kenai River next to my girlfriend's friends...Peggy and Mike. I don't know their last names. I think they lived across from Funny River area. I heard that Dan moved to the East Coast but I think he might have returned to the place he loved...Kenai Peninsula.

If anyone knows how I can get in touch with Dan, can u let me know, please. MI

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm still interested in contacting Dan Smith, Mike, and/or Peggy. Anyone out there in Kenai, Soldotna, or Sterling area know them and know how to contact them? I still consider them friends...lost friends. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, Peggy lived here in Kauai, Hawaii in the early '90s.

Well, I guess Dan didn't return to Alaska afterall. With his love for salmon fishing and his father's house on the Kenai, I thought for sure he would move back in his retirement days. And Peggy and Mike probably no longer live on the Kenai River. Oh, Peggy worked at a Real Estate office in Soldotna or Kenai. Mike was a part-time carpenter originally from California. If anybody remembers any of these people from my memories of salmon fishing on the Kenai, let me know. Aloha, Michael

Default Re: Help find old friend in Soldotna.

Thanks for the help so far. Does anyone know any info on Dan? He was the cigarrete salesman back in the '70s when smoking was still popular.

Last year I returned to Soldotna during the late Reds season and touched base with Peggy. She has no idea what happened to Dan Smith. So we don't know if he is still alive or not. If anyone knows, I would appreciate any help in finding my friend. Thank you. MI

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk