See that they have an EO out for C&R for kings on the Kasilof as of today. I have 2 floats setup for the last week of July, any thoughts on if they will open it up again?
I realize what they are trying to do but as far as I know they don't have a weir or sonar count. Just take it that all of the other runs have fallen to pieces I presume.
The EO is in place to help mitigate the Inlet-wide collapse of chinook.... top to bottom... as well as a means to deter the massive shift of chinook effort over to what would have been the ONLY roadside fishery in the basin left open to bonking kings.
Good call on ADFG's part.
Not likely to go away unless the Kenai also re-opens to retention of a Hail Mary slug of late fish.
Wouldn't hold my breath....
"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone."
The KeenEye MD
I would give it a 10% chance of re-opening.