Thread: Cleaning Tables at Kenai

Default Cleaning Tables at Kenai

Anyone know of any cleaning tables or fish waste dumps around the Kenai dipnetting area? (preferably the city dock where I will be). Any other close areas if there isn't one by the immediate dipping area would be appreciated.

There's a private setup next to the ice house about 50 yards downstream from the city launch ramp. They usually charge about $30 to "rent" their cleaning tables. The campground there also sells "fish ice" by the bucket.

Here's an aerial map view:

http://mapper.acme.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    There's a private setup next to the ice house about 50 yards downstream from the city launch ramp. They usually charge about $30 to "rent" their cleaning tables. The campground there also sells "fish ice" by the bucket.
    They actually reserve thier fish tables for thier RV clients and they are more than happy to charge you the RV overnight fee to use the tables even though you don't have an RV.

it was more like $80 last year.

You can forget about those guys. I received an e-mail last night from the manager and they have gone back to commercial fish processing. No more camping or fish cleaning tables. They will only sell ice to you now. Safety concerns and all that. So if you were planning on camping there, look elsewhere.

Hello Mr. Federico -

The Port of Kenai RV Park and Fish Cleaning Station will be closed in 2012. The Park has been a popular camping and river access destination for Kenai River dipnetters since 2007.

Attached is a letter explaining the closure in more detail and a flyer for distribution to your members. Please spread the word amongst your association members so they can make alternate plans in 2012.

Feel free to contact me via email or phone if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    Jay Carlon
    Port of Kenai, LLC
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Thanks for the follow up on that Whop. I have to trailer my boat down by Deep Creek to drop off after I dip, so I may just go to the campground there. It is just such a small table with no water supply other than the river. Anyone know any other good tables with a hose between Soldotna and Deep Creek? Does the Ninny beach have anything better?

Try Heavenly Sights. As long as the charters are not cleaning you should be able to use there tables. They have fresh running water. You might have to dispose of the carcases on your own. I think they charge $5.