Thread: Fishing Trip Maybe?? the first week in September.

Peculiar, MO

Default Fishing Trip Maybe?? the first week in September.

I have a couple of days around the 2nd and 3rd of September left over after a hunt and was curious if I could gather a little input on what might be a great one day fishing trip. Not real sure what would be good to fish for that time of year or who I might call. I will be in Anchorage and would love to take advantage of the opportunity of being up there and wrap up a griz hunt with a great fishing trip.

If anyone has a suggestion and whom to call, I would really appreciate it.

I'm game for about anything. Since I've never been to Anchorage it will all be new to me.

Big Lake

not much fishing right near anchorage in sept, you'd need to get out where the silvers are still running. might look into some day fly out trips from anchorage, or a car rental to whittier and a boat charter out into the ocean. that would be a good trip as well.
    do some google searches, or post a thread in the fishing forum, there are some boat charter guys in there that'd probably be able to get ya headed just right!
    Master guide 212

Los Anchorage

I hear the silver fishing can be great in early September right in the harbor at Whittier. You could rent a car for the day and by a cheap rod and reel combo to give them a whirl. You'll have some cash invested but probably less than a charter would cost. Just give the rig to a kid when you get done if you don't want to cart it home. Just an idea and it will hinge on the fish run.