Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope, any pinks in yet?

Default Hope, any pinks in yet?

I plan on taking my kids to hope thur fri sat, I am hoping the pinks will be in.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Don't get your hopes too high...

Was wondering the same thing. Gonna be in the area next tuesday, was wondering if they were going to be around.

Stopped in on Saturday. Watched from the bridge for about 15 min. didn't see one fish. No one was fishing either. Water was high and the river has changed above the bridge.

I camped there all weekend, and there were no pinks to be seen. As gundog said the water is really high in the river. Not much effort. I fished it for a couple hours, and saw about 10 others all weekend that fished. I did see a seal at the mouth, so hopefully he knew something was coming.

thanks for the info guys, i guess i can only HOPE they come in in the next couple days.. lol

Lol I get it... I was just in valdez and still no fish yet i only caught 2.. pretty slow but hopefully they come in quick everywhere!
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

I live in Hope and have been checking daily have not seen any yet but they should be here any day.If you come down and there are no pinks go fish the tide for dollys with eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAKlife View Post
    I live in Hope and have been checking daily have not seen any yet but they should be here any day.If you come down and there are no pinks go fish the tide for dollys with eggs.
    thanks for the info.... come on pinks!!!! hurry up. lol what kind of eggs for dollys? singles like balls of fire? or roe? thanks again, my name is Harry Ill be there with a good friend her and I and a bunch of boys aged 5 to 11. camped in the tent area. stop by for a cold barley pop! we will have two tents one large 8 man and a small three man. blue and white coolers.

no problem.Yeah I know ive been dying for them to come in I check every day its weird how one day nothing and then the next theres a bunch.I like to use roe but I have also had very good luck with spinners and swedish pimples.should be a few trout down there because last year i was catching them in june and it only gets better later in the season.Gonna have to pass on the beer since im under age but maybe I will see you on the river.good luck hope you catch some fish!

Last year I caught the first pink in Ingram on July 14th, it was another week before they came in any kind of real numbers. I would assume Hope gets them just a little earlier. Usually I can nail dollies from the beginning of June until the pinks come in but have had no luck so far this year.

just got back today from Hope. I didnt see one pink form wed evening to sunday morn. I checked above the bridge a few times, but i checked from the bridge to the mouth 4 or 5 times a day. last year this time there were so many in there, it took awhile to get a bright one. i will try to get back down there in a week or two when they come in.

Any word on the pinks? Looking to go down there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cabo420 View Post
    Any word on the pinks? Looking to go down there this weekend.

I have them scheduled to be here heavy Thursday. A few in now.

Anyone know if porcupine campground at the end of the road is open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I have them scheduled to be here heavy Thursday. A few in now.
    any update on this? was hoping to take my son today

Bump for an update-

I want to take my little 11 year old cousin down there on Tuesday and try to get him on his first ever salmon unassisted by an adult (no, i'm not gonna let him drive to the spot!).

Was down there saturday morning/afternoon. Not alot going on. Did see a family with a couple on the stringer when i first got there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish6025 View Post
    Bump for an update-

I want to take my little 11 year old cousin down there on Tuesday and try to get him on his first ever salmon unassisted by an adult (no, i'm not gonna let him drive to the spot!).
    It will be good on Tuesday.

I stopped by Ingram on Thursday and did not see anything. Will be back down that way later this week and will see if it has improved. Water was higher than normal, but that is par for the course this year.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast