Thread: Willow Creek Closeure

Default Willow Creek Closeure

So after a day of failed pike fishing at south Rolley Lake i packed up camp and headed up to the willow creek campground to rainbow fish down at the mouth. There were two signs, one that was the King salmon EO order but allowed fishing for RT, DV,G but right next to it was another sign that said closed to ALL fishing untill July 14. Is there a specific reason it was closed or is it another eo for the river. Im gonna have to go thru the regs yet again but was wondering if anyone could shed light on it. I mean there were police barracades out there painted orange saying the willow creek state park was closed. Walked down to the water, being it was only my second time out there it was much higher than it was back in May.

Its pretty clear in the regs...page 26:

CLOSED TO ALL FISHING JULY 3-13th....

I've pretty much written off all local fishing this summer at least until the silvers hit...

The big su is usually pretty low until the weather warms up in the mountains. Once the snow from up high starts to melt, the river comes up alot, usually early June. Of course rain has a big effect too...

From the Parks highway bridge down to the mouth is closed during the week to all fishing. You may, however, fish above the Parks bridge for any species other than salmon during the week.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

We camped at South Rolley this memorial weekend and one of the camp hosts said they zapped the lake over the winter and killed all the pike in it.

I was just wondering what the reason for the closure was, is it to protect king salmon etc etc....And there was a guy there who said his nephew caught about 3 pike albieght hammer handles. He said they did land one about 24" though. but that would explain the lack of pike on my line. I was hanging whole troll herring off a bobber and nothing