Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: title search, escrow, appraisal in anchorage

Default title search, escrow, appraisal in anchorage

Does anyone know what the name of the company is that does title, escrow and appraisal of aircraft in anchorage, I understand they work with aero space reports but that you would have a local person to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    Does anyone know what the name of the company is that does title, escrow and appraisal of aircraft in anchorage, I understand they work with aero space reports but that you would have a local person to work with.
    Probably any local title search outfit could give you the name ot the company that you're looking for.

Why don't you google "Aircraft title appraisal escrow anchorage alaska"

Because I enjoy the colorfulness of this site so much I ask questions I dont need to ask just to chat.

Google rppearso. It's fascinating. I see what you mean by liking to chat...amazing range of forum interests and an incomparable internet presence.

Gee's I went and did that, the guy is a 100% nut job. I doubt that he has ever flown a single minute let along pass a written for the Private Pilot Certificate or take a check ride. I would love to sit and watch just the Oral portion with this fool. No Flight Instructor would put up with his nonsense. I know I sure would not, I terminated training on a few over the years, mostly because they were to lazy to do the required studying. Flying while not hard takes two things discipline and attention to detail. Take his route to Valdez, in September, in a Pitt's. How many guys with actual experience and actually have a pilot certificate and fly in Alaska would even consider going that way? I know I wouldn't common sense tells me, its not the way to go, to much water, and well it getting to cold again in September. Stick to the road system, longer flight yes, but at least you have a chance if things go wrong. Besides while a Pitt's is a fun airplane to fly, but not if you have to actually fly someplace. I can't think of a worst airplane to start out in. Heck I would even have trouble with one, and it would take a hugh commitment not to mention money for me to get

The road would be better too bad there are too few paved strips long enough and with fuel, a pitts only has a ~270 mile range. If you go to sky vector you will see that the leg from white horse to northway is pushing the envelope and there is no fuel in northway so thats quite a problem. Also whats up with the extreme rudeness, I have met quite a few pilots and none of them are this rude.

I will have to dig a little deeper into the supplement to see if there is anyways to get fuel in northway, I could carry fuel with me in my lap and do the calcs to see if a 5 gal can could get me to tanacross (tok runway is pretty short) but it does not appear there is squat in tanacross.

Also does anyone know if eapis is required to fly from skagway to white horse to northway, I seem to remember in the FAR;s that the yukon was exempted from all the customs issues if all you were doing was flying from one part of alaska to another but had to stop in white horse.

The lack of fuel going through the interiour is a significant problem, what a pisser it would be to be sitting somewhere like tanacross calling my wife to drive fuel out to me. that is not a short drive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguse View Post
    Google rppearso. It's fascinating. I see what you mean by liking to chat...amazing range of forum interests and an incomparable internet presence.
    Well said . . . . .

What in the world are you worrying about Whitehose for anyway? If you can't hit the 2,500' runway at Tok Juntion, you'd better just stay in the pattern. And the strip at Tanacross would be too small for you anyway, so don't plan on fueling up there. Glenallen has 5,000' that you should plan on. Tazlina may have fuel, at 2,450' but you shouldn't need to stop there. Why not just follow the road from Anchorage to Glenallen to Valdez?

Patty Wagstaff's Pitts made it from Whitehorse to Anchorage with one fuel stop, by the way. That one was coming up from the Lower 48. Those two legs were made in the dark, and at -40 degres in November, so you should be able to make Valdez on a sunny summer day. Though I wish you could cram an experienced pilot somewhere aboard with you . . . . .

I will have an experienced instructor in the pitts air frame with me. I talked to air show pilots and the way that they make it from white horse to say gulkana is with an extra fuel bladder and its a bit dicy. Also in the past northway used to carry fuel. I double checked tok and the run way is long enough so thats a viable option if I carry a 5 gal can in my lap from white horse.

So the interiour is certianly an option, following the road consumes alot more fuel though rather than straight line using a GPS. I will likely plot out 2 different routes and pick the one with better weather. Of course I have to see if I have to go through all that eapis bolony if I do the white horse route.

I will have an experienced instructor in the pitts air frame with me. I talked to air show pilots and the way that they make it from white horse to say gulkana is with an extra fuel bladder and its a bit dicy. Also in the past northway used to carry fuel. I double checked tok and the run way is long enough so thats a viable option if I carry a 5 gal can in my lap from white horse.

So the interiour is certianly an option, following the road consumes alot more fuel though rather than straight line using a GPS. I will likely plot out 2 different routes and pick the one with better weather. Of course I have to see if I have to go through all that eapis bolony if I do the white horse route.

I guess I'm still puzzled as to why you'd want to fly another two and one-half hours east from Glenallen just to visit Whitehorse, when all you have to do is to turn south and fly directly to Valdez from Glenallen. . . ? On the other hand, Whitehorse is s nice place, so maybe you'll enjoy it.

So you have pulled the trigger and bought a Pitts!! Congratulations!! Who is your instructor?? So far none of the local flight instructors I have spoken with in the last few months have mentioned anything about flying a Pitts back north this fall.... and none have heard of anyone buying one and bringing it up....
    Really man, if you are still shopping or saving money, do your homework. Study the supplements and maps and figure out what YOUR plane will do, and what YOU are comfortable doing.
    DO NOT DEPEND ON INTERNET INFORMATION TO SAVE YOUR *****!!!!!! (nothing against any of the input from this site, you all know what im saying)
    Get your lazy ***** off the computer and go stash 55 gallons of gas someplace to make sure you have enough!!Pack 5 in your lap???? REALLY?????? You have not flown long enough on the internet to be competent enough to pack 5 gallons of gas in your lap while trying to navigate with a map in the pouring rain while its getting dark...
    DONT BE A DUMB ***** and make the rest of us suffer through more FAA B.S. for you making stupid decisions to fly when you should be home pissing people off on the internet....
    So you know, nothing I am typing is meant to piss you off or kill your dream. You need to do your homework. Period.
    When Grizz, Pidd, Float Pilot, and several others on this site give you advise, dude really you need to stop and think about it. Maybe you can gain some respect and stop pissing people off.
    Have a good weekend.

I wonder how a 5 gallon container of gas sitting on your lap would interfere with a sudden need for full aft stick. Also what happens to that 5 gallon container in an unexpected severe downdraft? When the down draft quits, is that container going to resume sitting on your lap or is it going to land a little forward and wedge the stick full forward between your knees and the instrument panel or wedge the stick full aft by lodging in front of the stick. In other words, carrying a five gallon container of gas on your lap seems like a really bad idea.

roamak makes a really good point in telling you to do your homework.

I agree that carrying a 5 gal can is a bad idea thats why I dont like the white horse option. Stashing 55 gal somewhere is a good idea, will take some doing to keep it from being stolen, also if im going to do that I might as well juat have my wife meet me which she is not keen on. If the weather was absolutly deplorable on the coast continuously then we may have to make other arrangements but the white horse route creates complication, even if I had my wife meet me in northway with fuel its still 230 + miles from white horse to northway and im not landing my pitts on dirt and risk doing damage. The nice thing about the coast is the longest leg is from yakutat to cordova at about 180 nm's. I should have got a new supplement this weekend but I can get one next weekend and I have all the charts and have done a full blown flight plan using the pitts charachteristics. I am doing my homework I am not dumb but it is nice to get a little extra info on here and just chat, it is beyond me why people get so irate. We will likely just climb to 10,000 and fly straight line so we are not dodging through valleys and dealing with all that.

I do have an instructor but I am no longer affiliated with any flight school or other buisness other than the current owner of the plane, his mechanic, my escrow service, my mechanic and my instructor and a few others. Your right it is not common and people up here almost have a contempt for aerobatics but thats their loss and I dont really care, its the only reason I got a licence. I spent alot of time talking to people in real life and doing my homework, this site is more or less entertainment for curmudenly guys to grip about acro pilots.

Perhaps I have missed something, why dont you just pull the wings and trailer it up here? It probably wouldn't cost that much more and then you don't have to listen to these guys belittle you. Good luck on what ever you decide.

Oh, and the last couple of planes I bought I used AIC Title. Talk to Tammy Bear. She will set up and walk you through everything. It has been a year since I bought my last plane, dang I had better work on this, so she might not be there anymore but I have no complaints with the company.

I agree that carrying a 5 gal can is a bad idea thats why I dont like the white horse option. Stashing 55 gal somewhere is a good idea, will take some doing to keep it from being stolen, also if im going to do that I might as well juat have my wife meet me which she is not keen on. If the weather was absolutly deplorable on the coast continuously then we may have to make other arrangements but the white horse route creates complication, even if I had my wife meet me in northway with fuel its still 230 + miles from white horse to northway and im not landing my pitts on dirt and risk doing damage. The nice thing about the coast is the longest leg is from yakutat to cordova at about 180 nm's. I should have got a new supplement this weekend but I can get one next weekend and I have all the charts and have done a full blown flight plan using the pitts charachteristics. I am doing my homework I am not dumb but it is nice to get a little extra info on here and just chat, it is beyond me why people get so irate. We will likely just climb to 10,000 and fly straight line so we are not dodging through valleys and dealing with all that.

I do have an instructor but I am no longer affiliated with any flight school or other buisness other than the current owner of the plane, his mechanic, my escrow service, my mechanic and my instructor and a few others. Your right it is not common and people up here almost have a contempt for aerobatics but thats their loss and I dont really care, its the only reason I got a licence. I spent alot of time talking to people in real life and doing my homework, this site is more or less entertainment for curmudenly guys to grip about acro pilots.
    This acro pilot is a bit offended by your last comment. I don't recall having seen any gripes here about that group. And it's a skill that I believe every pilot should acquire, whether he flies air shows or not. As to your over water route: how long do you suppose that Pitts will float ???

There is no way around flying over water out of sitka. Also how long am I going to last in the middle of nowhere becasue I ran out of gas before I got to northway. Just because there is a road does not mean anything. Also I could go sitka gustavus to yakutat and just follow the shore line and not fly over anything radical then just follow the shore up to cordova. Once I get to valdez I could make the call to go over the top or to follow the road to glennallen which is about 115 miles which is totally doable.

That leg between white horse and northway SUCKS, and if you tried to follow the road as opposed to straight line distance you would for sure run out of fuel. Then if you make it to northway there is no fuel there, what a joke for a huge air port they spent a bunch of money on and they dont have fuel. The issue with the pitts is fuel, if there was some nice long paved strip in between white horse and northway with fuel and if northway had fuel it would be a no brainer but that stretch is no mans land.

There is no way around flying over water out of sitka. Also how long am I going to last in the middle of nowhere becasue I ran out of gas before I got to northway. Just because there is a road does not mean anything. Also I could go sitka gustavus to yakutat and just follow the shore line and not fly over anything radical then just follow the shore up to cordova. Once I get to valdez I could make the call to go over the top or to follow the road to glennallen which is about 115 miles which is totally doable.

That leg between white horse and northway SUCKS, and if you tried to follow the road as opposed to straight line distance you would for sure run out of fuel. Then if you make it to northway there is no fuel there, what a joke for a huge air port they spent a bunch of money on and they dont have fuel. The issue with the pitts is fuel, if there was some nice long paved strip in between white horse and northway with fuel and if northway had fuel it would be a no brainer but that stretch is no mans land.
    I admit that you have some considerations there. In the end, though - - - - - how long can you tread water ???

Well, I redid my flight plan and if I fly to gustavus I can fly shore line all the way in with the exception of getting out of sitka. I will have to fly over a little water between valdez and cordova but its no worse than flying over the inlet to go to kenai from anchorage.

I do agree flying over water sucks but so does wrecking my 80 thousand dollar plane because I ran out of gas trying to fly a leg that I should not fly, I have heard you can land on the road between white horse and northway and fuel up that way but thats not legal and REALLY dicy and would require my wife to cross the boarder just to bring fuel. If I had to bring a plane up from the lower 48 I would have to have my instructor ferry it and install a 10 gal fuel bladded, I have no idea how they get the single seaters up, maybe wait for a strong tail wind or they just push the limits of their range, of course now that northway no longer has fuel it could present challenges, I have heard that no fuel at northway is a relativly recent development. Maybe this is something worth emailing a representitive over as its a serious safety issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast