Thread: TFO warranty

Default TFO warranty

I was extremely impressed with TFO. Me and my friend snapped our rods the same day and sent them in. We booked a fly out so we contemplated new rods. The left on June 30 and came back July 7th good as new.

Yep, they are excellent with repairs and service...

Agreed, I really like TFO rods but have broken 3 now. 2 6 wts and and an 8 wt. The action of the TiCrx is fantastic at a price that is tough to beat, but I've never broken so many rods in such a short time. The high modulus blanks just don't seem to stand up to my abuse. I have 2 broken that I need to send back to TFO right now... At least I'll have a couple brand new rods in a few weeks!

-J

They do have an excellent warranty program. I have been fishing them for a while and I am very hard on equipment yet I have not manage to break one of the 20 plus I own. My wife fragg'd a custom rod I built for her about 10 years ago we were fishing Silvers with 4W I know not a smart move. She just landed a nice med size Silver on MT Creek and a large 15 lbs chum hit she crank the drag down and the Rod wen BANG like someone shot a gun. Issue was 20 lbs leader material and something had to give just happend to be the rod.

Jeff if the TICRX are giving you fits change over to the BVK or Axioms.

Anyone have issues with the cork handle on their TFO? I've only had my Deer Creek Spey on the river half a dozen times and where I grip the cork with my top hand index finger the cork is wearing away very easily; like wet sandstone. It will probably be shipped in for new cork come november.

Quote Originally Posted by Akworkandfish View Post
    I was extremely impressed with TFO. Me and my friend snapped our rods the same day and sent them in. We booked a fly out so we contemplated new rods. The left on June 30 and came back July 7th good as new.
    Great warranty - Great rods.
    Lefty Kreh's interest when he left Sage for TFO was that high quality fishing gear ought to be more accessible. That prompted me to try TFO 8 years ago and like others, I agree TFO has accomplished this goal. Their warranty/customer service reputation has held up well all these years too. I'd buy TFO all over again.

Graphite rods get spendy though once you accumulate 2, 3, 4 rods. Reducing the risk for breakage seems all we can do. Tony Weaver gave a casting demo at the GASS back then, casting ideas which could minimize split shot contact with the delicate graphite - and fewer nicks could mean fewer breaks. I've had good luck with Belgian cast type casting motion - mainly in keeping my shot and weighted 6X leech patterns from that still shiny blue TFO TiCr X finish!

And the value of these rods is something we can appreciate with every cast.
    Last edited by 6XLeech; 07-26-2012 at 20:08. Reason: edit