Thread: Drive time from Fairbanks to Tangle lakes?

Default Drive time from Fairbanks to Tangle lakes?

Anyone know the approx drive time + or - 30 minutes or so from Fairbanks to Tangle lake area also how is the Denali Highway on that side we will be in a motor home that hates holes and bumps.

I was there yesterday and you don't need to worry much about the Denali, there are only a few bad bumps but they are marked with cones. Time wise its about 1 hour from my job and I am about 2.5 hours South of Fairbanks.

Thanks also is Delta the last stop for fuel going that way I have never been past Donnely dome on the rich so I have no clue.

Edit forgot about Paxson

We went to Tangle over Memorial Day and in the motorhome it took us a good 4 1/2 hrs with the construction. Once you hit the Denali Hwy., expect ~45min. to hit the campground. Delta is definitely your best last gas stop. The lodge at Paxson had their gas closed up as of last weekend if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by pk_in_ak View Post
    We went to Tangle over Memorial Day and in the motorhome it took us a good 4 1/2 hrs with the construction. Once you hit the Denali Hwy., expect ~45min. to hit the campground. Delta is definitely your best last gas stop. The lodge at Paxson had their gas closed up as of last weekend if I remember correctly.
    I would take the 4.5 over my 3.5. Not only am I in a truck (although keeping it ~60), but I also didn't hit any construction.

I'd bet on a 4.5 hour drive. Get gas in Delta. There is a lodge at Tangle Lakes that had gas last year. Don't know the current status.

I was their last week. They have gas at Tangle River in on about mile 20 of the Denali Hwy a mile or so from the Blm camp ground. Fishing was good for grayling.

Thanks for the info will be heading down Friday evening for the weekend hopefully the sun is out and the fishing is good. Will be bringing the canoe along to play on all the lakes and small streams up there.

Paxson Lodge gas pumps are inop...gas up in Delta. If you run into a bind though, Myers Lake (south of Paxson about 15 miles) has gas...about $5.50 a gl. Was at Tangle Lakes last week...good times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Jim your a good looking Man! Sorry been a long summer! Glad you and the Girls are getting out and about! Nice Grayling Pic! I thought for sure your posting pick would have been that Darn Bear from back in the day or some Super Sheep pic. Thanks for Jumping on the Fourm with input again. As always your knowledge and expertise is appreciated. Enjoy the Rep point.

You're a busy man Moose. Kid's and I have kept busy all summer long...we've been on the road every weekend with the RV fishing except one. Summer will be gone before we know it. Talk soon...Jimmy