Thread: Battle weapons

Default Battle weapons

Punk kid heading for guard duty spring 67 DaNang
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Great picture, thanks for posting!

Good pic for sure - is this trouble maker a "Lefty" as well?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I got there July 29 of 66 so I was starting to be a bit of a salt by time that pic was taken.They sent me out July 10 of 68 to missed up for combat.
    Nope righty but one must pose properly don't ya know.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Amigo, how many rounds of ammo were you issued to have to carry and were you allowed more if you wanted to lug it along?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

On patrol or outpost for the M-14 we had to carry at least 20 mags.With the AR's you needed to carry at least 25 mags as most only worked well with 16 or 17 rounds.I carried a M-2 carbine most and carried 30 mags and a few spare boxes of ammo.We could carry all we wanted above min.We also had to have 8 frags,1 smoke,1 gas and one something else like a concussion or claymore. Add a week to ten days worth of c-rats and water it was a load. Guard duty was gravy compared to the bush

Holy crap, that's a hell of a load. Current Army infantry riflemen carry 210 rounds, or 7 mags for the M4.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Ya grunts were a lot different than Force Recon.We were a longs ways away from any help many times and only four or five men. When across a border we only hand a handset keying once a day to an overhead jet at daily checkpoint.

No joke: When I was a little kid, we used to run around in the woods pretending to be you guys. You were our heroes and we didn't care what our hippy ass school teachers said about it.

Don't you miss those boots, Amigo. I loved those things. Light weight and you could swim in them. Most of my travels were by river with 3 to 5 clicks out for S&D trips, raids and snatches then back to catch the bus back to the barge. I carried an Ithaca short barreled 12 gauge, a 1911, a Mk 23 and a Mk2, what you guys called a K-Bar. Some trips just the Mk2. Those were fun.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Intel snatches were crazy and a blast. On the boots they did a heck of a good job and broke in fast.

Murphy,

Were you guys issued the brass 00 buck? I used an Ithaca and a Win model 12 with a holey shroud which I tore off....brush got stuck in it all the time.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Hmmm, not that I know of. The Ithaca was modified with cut stock and barrel cut right at magazine cap. It was used in the drag position when we repositioned quickly. Hung over my left shoulder and taped down I could fire it behind me by holding the forend under my left arm and pumping. The trigger was held back and it would fire with each pump. It had other uses but that was pretty clever.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    It had other uses but that was pretty clever.
    That's very clever, self made covering fire! Likely never hit anything but I doubt the guy shootin at ya would ether.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona