Thread: Anyone interested in high quality, compressed sawdust logs for wood stove/fireplace?

Lightbulb Anyone interested in high quality, compressed sawdust logs for wood stove/fireplace?

If I can get enough people in on the deal, I will order a 20' convoy of super high quality, compressed sawdust logs. They do not make sawdust logs in Alaska, and people are beginning to discover how efficient and convient the little sawdust logs are. They are more efficient and put out more heat than most wood in Alaska (burn 8 hours on 1 small 12" log. They are manufactured in Washington, so if I can get enough people interested, shipping will be very reasonable. A pallet (300 logs, enough to last all winter) will cost under $300. It is possible to commit to less logs also (like 1/2 a pallet or 150 logs for $150 bucks). They only take a tiny bit of space compared to fire wood and are much more convenient to handle. If you are interested, let me know at

kayaker35@hotmail.com

thanks guys,

Timmy

ps: this isn't a sales ad, I just can't afford to ship these up here by myself:^) A group order would make it possible!

Do you have any kind of a link to a product cut sheet or anything on these? I might be interested in trying some - maybe a 1/4 pallet to start to see how they burn etc.

I'll burn about 4 cords of birch a winter....300 pieces of wood doesn't seem like enough....

Whoops, I forgot! Here is the website of the folks that make the sawdust log...

http://www.homefirelogs.com/

You can have how ever many you want out of the order from the convex, more than 300 is fine.

Less than a dollar a piece, does that include shipping to AK? If so I'd be interested in a pallet just to see how well they work.

yep, that will be less than $1 per log if I generate enough interest. So far, I have 4 people who want a pallet already! Looks like this might actually happen! Everyone keep letting me know if you are interested. I'll contact the interested folks back once we get enough "pre-order interest" and we can have the logs here by September 1st...

You don't have enough posts to PM yet. After review of the website, I would be interested in 1/2 of a pallet if you can swing splitting one up.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskacreeker View Post
    They are more efficient and put out more heat than most wood in Alaska
    Can you elaborate on this.......which woods are you talking about cause I've seen some pretty hot burning beetle killed spruce, or real dry birch? Most people in my area burn this......how do they compare...???

I also looked around their site.......I was wondering what kind of waste wood is in most of the logs? Maybe it's a lot of different kinds? Couldn't find the answer....
    "The emotions that good hunters need to cultivate are love and service more than courage. The sentiments of the hunt then become translated into art." James Swan, In Defense of Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Can you elaborate on this.......which woods are you talking about cause I've seen some pretty hot burning beetle killed spruce, or real dry birch? Most people in my area burn this......how do they compare...???

I also looked around their site.......I was wondering what kind of waste wood is in most of the logs? Maybe it's a lot of different kinds? Couldn't find the answer....
    This has my interest piqued as well, like 4mer said though, I got some pretty hot fires going last winter burning birch.

I think its alot of different sawdusts comressed to form their logs. So if the sawdust comes from the pacific northwest it should be some decent stuff. Fir, spruce, cedar.....

We have 2 company's that make these close by.
    I've used them a little, I use fire wood mostly, cause I get all I want for free.
    1 pallet (240, 8#) energy logs = 1.5 to 2 cords of fire wood (fir, larch).
    They use fir, larch, hem fir, pine for the logs.
    They are made by compressing the wood very tightly. They are denser that "fire wood" rounds because of the compression.
    That's why they burn long, and because they have about 8% moisture content.

Store them dry, are they will fall apart.

http://www.lignetics.com/fire-logs.html

http://www.northidahoenergylogs.com/energylogs.php
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I looked at the websites you just listed. I can't find a local dealer through either of the websites? Where do you have the lignetics or northidahoenergy logs in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskacreeker View Post
    I looked at the websites you just listed. I can't find a local dealer through either of the websites? Where do you have the lignetics or northidahoenergy logs in stock?
    Sorry for the confusion.

I was just commenting on how they work, and the type of wood used in production.

Didn't mean to imply that they are stocked in AK.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Did this plan get anywhere?

I am curious too. Wondering if it is a scam of sorts or not. If not, I would still be interested in them.