Thread: Website down or what?

Default Website down or what?

Seems like for the past two weeks or so, I the website is down most evenings. Last night and then till just now this morning it's been down. What's the deal? It seems to be a regular deal lately.

I thought MY computer was acting up last night. Guess it was this site having problems. Seems OK this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Seems like for the past two weeks or so, I the website is down most evenings. Last night and then till just now this morning it's been down. What's the deal? It seems to be a regular deal lately.
    Having the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNBgame View Post
    Having the same problem
    Brian posted up about this recently. Basically they ate making major changes to the sites infrastructure and it is going to create outages... some planned and some unexpected. The ultimate goal is to add more infrastructure to better support the sites needs. As both Brian and Mike have pointed out recently the outage issues are a byproduct of success. The more traffic the site gets the more resources (bandwidth, disk space and processing power) it needs to stay operational. It's sort of similar to an increasing population with little to no improvements to roads and utilities. Eventually major public works projects have to be funded and we all deal with the challenges implementing them brings. Just think of this brief period as "road construction" for the website and hopefully pretty soon it will be all sorted out and we will have a bigger faster site to enjoy with plenty of room for continued growth in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Brian posted up about this recently. Basically they ate making major changes to the sites infrastructure and it is going to create outages... some planned and some unexpected. The ultimate goal is to add more infrastructure to better support the sites needs. As both Brian and Mike have pointed out recently the outage issues are a byproduct of success. The more traffic the site gets the more resources (bandwidth, disk space and processing power) it needs to stay operational. It's sort of similar to an increasing population with little to no improvements to roads and utilities. Eventually major public works projects have to be funded and we all deal with the challenges implementing them brings. Just think of this brief period as "road construction" for the website and hopefully pretty soon it will be all sorted out and we will have a bigger faster site to enjoy with plenty of room for continued growth in the future!
    Figured that's what it was......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Yep, Jon is on the right track. We're going to be doing a major server upgrade this weekend and the forums will likely be offline for the majority of the weekend. The rest of the site will remain up, though, so it might be a good opportunity to explore the many thousands of pages of resources there. Hopefully by this point next week it'll be smooth sailing.

Great, having to go cold turkey is a bummer.

I thought I was on the ADFG website on drawing result day.... but even they haven't been out that long.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    ...We're going to be doing a major server upgrade this weekend and the forums will likely be offline for the majority of the weekend...
    Down this weekend??? So now what am I going to do at work this weekend on the taxpayers dime??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    Down this weekend??? So now what am I going to do at work this weekend on the taxpayers dime??
    Check out the Regions section of the website. I've only scratched the surface of all the info that is to be gleaned there.

Brian, when the website is down, I cant even get to the home page.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    Brian, when the website is down, I cant even get to the home page.
    I didn't realize that. To the best of my understanding, the server upgrade is related to the forums only, so the rest of the site should still be available - http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com