Thread: Cotton Wood Creek, Palmer Hay Flats Bridge is Closed and can't be used !

Default Cotton Wood Creek, Palmer Hay Flats Bridge is Closed and can't be used !

Just to let fellow fisher people know, that the old metal bridge has been closed and can not be used anymore.

Its been that way for months, the sign I saw attached to the bridge said it was supposed to be replaced by the fall, but hasn't happened yet. There was a thread on the waterfowl forum on this as well if you want more info. Hopefully they can get it replaced in the next couple of weeks, so people can fish down there this year
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Default Whoa I had no idea this existed!

I read this yesterday and was wondering what you were talking about, I had never heard of this area. Whenever I thought of the Palmer Hay Flats I only thought of the area near the Glenn highway. So I happened to be down KGB last night and saw the sign for the turn off. I went to explore. I had no idea that any of that stuff was down there. I saw the sign for something about a trail to 'scout ridge,' and I drove down the road to an empty lot with a bathroom.

I went ahead and took a pic of the bridge (see below.)

My son and I looked around. There is fishing in this area? I'm intrigued! Also I noticed there is an OHV trail, and if it weren't for the bridge issue I would have looked around more. I wonder if this is an area I could ride my bike around to explore? (If I could cross the creek, that is.)

The bike would be a bad idea, as soon as you get across the bridge it's swampy marsh. When there are fish in the area, they are only around for a short period of time, and you are only allowed to fish for them between 6am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I haven't been down there for a long time but it seems like the gate on the bridge was always closed during fishing season and motorized vehicles were limited to the trail "only" when it was open.

I'm guessing if they dont hurry up and fix this situation everyone will just be forced to use the bank without the trail, which will cause more erosion. You can still get to the other side, ya just have to walk upstream far enough.