Thread: Delta River, Falls & Canyon

Default Delta River, Falls & Canyon

As promised here is my Delta River Video.
    Enjoy!
    -JR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwAu...ature=youtu.be

In my book the Delta is the most under loved and Road accessible river in the state. The canyon and portage keeps most folks from making the 3 day commitment to run this wonderful river but if you get the chance take the plunge!

I have a group up there right now and it was all I could do to convince them that the Delta is much better to run in a canoe. The portage makes taking a raft a tough trip where a canoe is quick and no big deal. Great Laker fishing in the lower lakes and the Grayling are like WOW!

Walt
    Gulkana River Raft Rentals
    Trips on the Delta and Gulkana Rivers

JR

Cool stuff thanks for sharing! Good times! Nicely done as well.

Thanks for the video! Looks like you all had a blast.

Looks like you had a blast! To newbie too rafting yet to think about a Alpaca mini. I watched your other videos as well, great job filming!

Great video! One questions, anyone know if this run is possible around the first week of September? Is the water too low? Would appreciate any info.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Denalihunter, I have run back to the lower lakes before moose hunting in 08 and 09 in the second week of September.

The first year the water was high enough to run pretty far down and only hit bottom once in the canoe.

The second year the water seemed lower and we didn't go as far.

What we did notice is, that like most places up there in September it rains a lot and seems to get funneled right through that valley. The rain from a previous day can make the water level rise up to a foot.

I wouldn't hesitate to run it in September , but then again I have never run the whole thing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Looks like you had a blast! To newbie too rafting yet to think about a Alpaca mini. I watched your other videos as well, great job filming!
    Not true man.....I've never rafted at all, just jumped straight into packrafting 5 years ago now and haven't looked back. So much fun, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Not true man.....I've never rafted at all, just jumped straight into packrafting 5 years ago now and haven't looked back. So much fun, you won't be disappointed.
    Very true. I bought my WW raft 3 years ago and my packraft last year. Never kayaked, I have only paddled with someone more experienced then I about 4 times so I just learn on the fly. The packrafts are extremely stable and most people pickup on them very quick.
    -JR

Excellent!