Thread: It make you wounder if people are that really that stupid.

Default It make you wounder if people are that really that stupid.

I wonder if that includes airfair?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/wan/3125569531.html

I would like to trade the use of a piece of large equipment to put in a dog yard in exchange for a 5 day caribou hunt this September outside of Kotzebue. You can call Chuck at 442-6028. Since I'll be up north this summer you can also leave a message with my wife, 495-6028.

the answer to your thread topic is yes. I'm not sure how this is in any way/shape/form a good deal. i give the guy credit for trying but a kotz hunt is not at all cheap and why would you not just rent the equipment yourself instead of going through the trouble setting up a hunt. definately stupid and makes no sense.

Hell thats is one of the better craigslist deals I have seen recently, someone should jump on this before they miss out. It is way better than the $6000 mounted king salmon that was on there last week.

Did anybody see the one where the guy was asking for a sheep hunt that wasn't expensive and in an area where he didn't have to climb too much? It had me laughing.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Did anybody see the one where the guy was asking for a sheep hunt that wasn't expensive and in an area where he didn't have to climb too much? It had me laughing.
    Uh that was my ad! not all of us are super rich air force zoomies going to the gym in our cool guy gear working out with 5 lb weights.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Uh that was my ad! not all of us are super rich air force zoomies going to the gym in our cool guy gear working out with 5 lb weights.
    Good benefits usually comes with better employment....

Isn't a caribou hunt like five grand?

I'm guessing the guy has a place and some mode of transport up in Kotz (note his ad says he'll be 'up north' all summer) and is thinking of just having someone come stay at his place and use his stuff, or maybe he'll guide the hunt. If that's the case, let's hope he has a guiding license, eh?
    My signature is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Good benefits usually comes with better employment....
    If you say so...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik7181 View Post
    Isn't a caribou hunt like five grand?
    More than that, if your initials are SP and you have your own TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I wonder if that includes airfair?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/wan/3125569531.html

I would like to trade the use of a piece of large equipment to put in a dog yard in exchange for a 5 day caribou hunt this September outside of Kotzebue. You can call Chuck at 442-6028. Since I'll be up north this summer you can also leave a message with my wife, 495-6028.
    I saw this add up at the post office. I assumed that he was going to "guide" you for the caribou hunt (ie take you along with him while he hunted also) , not provide your transportation, lodging, etc. Besides, he must be a musher which makes him a dirtbag to begin with.... (dont go gettin' all upset, I'm an old washed up musher myself)

Personally, I think the dirt work would be worth ALOT more that his "hunt" offer..

This could be Chuck and Tracy trying to trade a Caribou Hunt out of their camp for some labor labor saveing deviceage. Not bad for Hunting there for sure, theres alotta Caribou migrateing by in Fall. I'm pretty sure he's a licened guide as he has a popular place and a business.

They have alotta dogs, and since Tracy was in that snogo hit to her and her dogteam a few years back, it would seem so, if Chuck is working up North till then..

Im thinking it would be a very fair trade, provided he did the shipping and operating...... .
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post

Personally, I think the dirt work would be worth ALOT more that his "hunt" offer..
    Totally depends on how much dirt work......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!