Thread: finger Lake

Default finger Lake

I am currently going to plan a trip to finger lake to do a little more lake fishing(bobber/trolling). Anyone have any good types of bait to use ( currently using wart wigglers), and any nice hot spots at the lake? From what i have been hearing there are good spots around the big island right off the boat launch. I am looking for any type of fish from trout to greyling and artic char, or pike.

Try using shrimp it works great on trout and char, good luck
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

shrimp work great check your local bait cooler. I also have great sucess with frozen corn. Potzkes (sp?) Balls of Fire are a great bait option as well. Worms work good too. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
    shrimp work great check your local bait cooler. I also have great sucess with frozen corn. Potzkes (sp?) Balls of Fire are a great bait option as well. Worms work good too. Good luck!
    i dont know if its wives tail, but ive heard corn backs up fishes digestive tracks...

Ive never heard that JD thanks for the info.

any where in perticular holds the big ones? or has no one really adventured around there? Ya i dont plan on doing bobber fishing so shrimp wont help but ty