Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Custom work on Aluminum Boats in Anchorage?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    192

    Default Custom work on Aluminum Boats in Anchorage?

    If you guys wanted to customize your aluminum boat in the Anchorage area where would you go? Thinking additional hand rails, some more built-in custom diamond plate storage boxes, etc.

    Also what do you guys think is the best marine GPS package out there for river running and the occasional trip to PWS?

    Radio recommendations?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    If you guys wanted to customize your aluminum boat in the Anchorage area where would you go? Thinking additional hand rails, some more built-in custom diamond plate storage boxes, etc.

    Also what do you guys think is the best marine GPS package out there for river running and the occasional trip to PWS?

    Radio recommendations?
    In the valley check with Alaska Frontier Fabrication. Here's a couple samples of racks and custom mods.




  3. #3
    Member tzieli22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eagle River AK
    Posts
    589

    Default

    For me - hands down, Ben at Silver Streak boats off Diamond. Does great work. Has put mod's on 2 of my boats.
    Tony

  4. #4
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Gary at Greatland does good work also at a fair price he has work on all four of my boats at one time or another
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

  5. #5
    Moderator bkmail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK.
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Another option in the valley is Gary at Greatland Welding. Top notch work.
    BK

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Great! Thanks everyone. Great resource here as always.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    In the valley check with Alaska Frontier Fabrication. Here's a couple samples of racks and custom mods.



    Those are some awesome mods.... that racks is actually exactly what I was thinking about. Is that a bow winch?

  8. #8
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    In the valley check with Alaska Frontier Fabrication. Here's a couple samples of racks and custom mods.




    THat bow winch is cool how much does something like that run. Looks great
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

  9. #9
    Member akdeweyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    574

    Default

    HalibutGrove

    Is the second picture showing a splash guard on a Hewescraft that is supposed to keep the water from coming up over the windshield? Do you have any additional pictures of it?

    Thanks
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

  10. #10
    Member HCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mat-Sue
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Greatland welding, Gary is fantastic to deal with!

  11. #11

    Default

    Another vote for Greatland Welding. Gary is top-notch.

  12. #12
    Member Bob the fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    I had some work done on my boat by Garret at AK Frontier Fabrications and am very happy with it... I have also seen some custom work on other boats and he does very good work... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

  13. #13
    New member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Heavy Weather Boats in Anchorage, Dave Kindred 907-349-4325, also does top notch custom work.

  14. #14

    Default

    Casting my vote for Gary at Greatland Welding. He build a nice dingy davit for me this spring. Good work at a resonable price.
    [IMG]

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Those are some awesome mods.... that racks is actually exactly what I was thinking about. Is that a bow winch?
    Yes that's a bow winch. A 12000 pound warn sits neatly tucked inside. We've since made a plate that attached to the eyelet and pulls up tight to cover the ferrel guide.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akdeweyj View Post
    HalibutGrove

    Is the second picture showing a splash guard on a Hewescraft that is supposed to keep the water from coming up over the windshield? Do you have any additional pictures of it?

    Thanks
    Akdewyj, not sure what your referring to. The boat pictured with the rack is a North River and the bow winch was installed on a Thunderjet. The North River has a pulpit for the anchor which a suppose could help keep water from coming one the bow some but its primary purpose to to pull the winch with the Ez anchor system.

  17. #17
    Member Armed_alaskan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    281

    Default

    I had great customer service as a new client, and intend to return in the future. Thanks Garrett, Kevin and Mel.

  18. #18
    Member akdeweyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Akdewyj, not sure what your referring to. The boat pictured with the rack is a North River and the bow winch was installed on a Thunderjet. The North River has a pulpit for the anchor which a suppose could help keep water from coming one the bow some but its primary purpose to to pull the winch with the Ez anchor system.
    The boat with the white vinyl on it looked like the bow of a Hewescraft & I was wondering what the piece of metal hanging perpindicular off the top of the bow was. The piece looks like its about 3-4" long.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •