Thread: Custom work on Aluminum Boats in Anchorage?

Default Custom work on Aluminum Boats in Anchorage?

If you guys wanted to customize your aluminum boat in the Anchorage area where would you go? Thinking additional hand rails, some more built-in custom diamond plate storage boxes, etc.

Also what do you guys think is the best marine GPS package out there for river running and the occasional trip to PWS?

Radio recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    If you guys wanted to customize your aluminum boat in the Anchorage area where would you go? Thinking additional hand rails, some more built-in custom diamond plate storage boxes, etc.

Also what do you guys think is the best marine GPS package out there for river running and the occasional trip to PWS?

Radio recommendations?
    In the valley check with Alaska Frontier Fabrication. Here's a couple samples of racks and custom mods.

For me - hands down, Ben at Silver Streak boats off Diamond. Does great work. Has put mod's on 2 of my boats.
    Tony

Gary at Greatland does good work also at a fair price he has work on all four of my boats at one time or another
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Another option in the valley is Gary at Greatland Welding. Top notch work.
    BK

Great! Thanks everyone. Great resource here as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    In the valley check with Alaska Frontier Fabrication. Here's a couple samples of racks and custom mods.

Those are some awesome mods.... that racks is actually exactly what I was thinking about. Is that a bow winch?

THat bow winch is cool how much does something like that run. Looks great
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

HalibutGrove

Is the second picture showing a splash guard on a Hewescraft that is supposed to keep the water from coming up over the windshield? Do you have any additional pictures of it?

Thanks
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Greatland welding, Gary is fantastic to deal with!

Another vote for Greatland Welding. Gary is top-notch.

I had some work done on my boat by Garret at AK Frontier Fabrications and am very happy with it... I have also seen some custom work on other boats and he does very good work... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Heavy Weather Boats in Anchorage, Dave Kindred 907-349-4325, also does top notch custom work.

Casting my vote for Gary at Greatland Welding. He build a nice dingy davit for me this spring. Good work at a resonable price.
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Those are some awesome mods.... that racks is actually exactly what I was thinking about. Is that a bow winch?
    Yes that's a bow winch. A 12000 pound warn sits neatly tucked inside. We've since made a plate that attached to the eyelet and pulls up tight to cover the ferrel guide.

Quote Originally Posted by akdeweyj View Post
    HalibutGrove

Is the second picture showing a splash guard on a Hewescraft that is supposed to keep the water from coming up over the windshield? Do you have any additional pictures of it?

Thanks
    Akdewyj, not sure what your referring to. The boat pictured with the rack is a North River and the bow winch was installed on a Thunderjet. The North River has a pulpit for the anchor which a suppose could help keep water from coming one the bow some but its primary purpose to to pull the winch with the Ez anchor system.

I had great customer service as a new client, and intend to return in the future. Thanks Garrett, Kevin and Mel.

Akdewyj, not sure what your referring to. The boat pictured with the rack is a North River and the bow winch was installed on a Thunderjet. The North River has a pulpit for the anchor which a suppose could help keep water from coming one the bow some but its primary purpose to to pull the winch with the Ez anchor system.
    The boat with the white vinyl on it looked like the bow of a Hewescraft & I was wondering what the piece of metal hanging perpindicular off the top of the bow was. The piece looks like its about 3-4" long.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856